Retract distance too long when using a cylinder in an alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retract distance too long when using a cylinder in an alignment

I have ran into a problem when trying to make an alignment using a cylinder. The program asks me to take hits 1 through 6 for the cylinder. When i take the first hit the retract is so large that it collides with the opposite side of the cylinder. the hole is .250" dia. and the probe tip is 2mm. Is there some way to shorten the default retract distance? i have tried the manual retract command but have not had any different result. I am very in experienced with PC DMIS and Hexagon but have 6 years experience with Zeiss Calypso and Em Measure/Prob cad. I have read through documentation but I have not found anything regarding manual hit retract for cylinders. I used the shift click method to create the cylinder. Please let me know if you have any advice or a link to a similar topic that i missed. Thanks in advance!

Yes. Click = Insert = parameter change = measurement distance = retract distance Then you can change it to whatever you want
    Last edited by Darrollh; 10-10-2018, 10:10 PM.
    Darroll

Comment

You could try using a read point at the center of the cylinder and then run an auto cylinder in DCC. Its safer and less of a headache than manually aligning to a cylinder. Just my .02

Comment

or, just prior to the problematic feature start typing "RETRACT"... it should autofill...then change the distance to whatever you need...
        Sheffield Endeavor3 9.20.8, Tesastar-SM, Leitz LSP-X1s & LSP-X1M, PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

MAN RETRACT is what you are looking for. RETRACT is for DCC controlled movements, if you are measuring by hand, it is MAN RETRACT.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            MAN RETRACT is what you are looking for. RETRACT is for DCC controlled movements, if you are measuring by hand, it is MAN RETRACT.
            If your controller supports this, then it's the way to go. If you can't get this to work, then try using another feature for the manual alignment. Then you can go in DCC mode to measure it and shouldn't have a problem as PC-DMIS automatically takes care of prehit and retraction in small holes.
            PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Darrollh View Post
              Yes. Click = Insert = parameter change = measurement distance = retract distance Then you can change it to whatever you want
              I did try this but changed the MAN RETRACT and still did not get the expected .025" that i wanted. Does this command have to be set right before the feature or if i set it in the beginning of the program will it stay in effect as long as it is not changed before the manual hits are carried out? Thanks again!

Comment