2018 R1 SP5 opening offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 R1 SP5 opening offline

We just updated all of our CMM's to 2018 R1 SP5 (from 2018 R1 SP4) and one of the computers is only opening DMIS offline but since it is an online seat, we can't do anything with it. It seems like it does not even know that there is not a CMM there. The CMM is a B&S Global Advantage 12.15.10. All of the other CMM's run just fine and the CMM I am currently on is also an Advantage.

We have our IT company on it for about a week but they've been coming up empty handed and not working on it very fast. This is one of our 2 big CMM's and the other one is getting overloaded with parts and it would be really nice to get this one back up and running.

Any help you experts might have would be really appreciated.
    "Do what I want you to do, not what I tell you to do."

-Me

You might want to check the properties of PC-DMIS in the start menu.... it should look something like this:
    "C:\PC-DMIS 2018 R2\Launcher\HexagonLauncher.exe" LauncherPC-DMIS.config
    (nothing after 'config')
    OR.... try launching the Demon directly from the root install folder using PCDLRN.exe
    good luck!

Comment

So an interesting thing that I saw while checking the properties of PC-DMIS in the start menu... The launcher icon isn't in the start menu. We have a shortcut on the desktop, which the properties are correct as shown by sealevel, but no icon in the start menu. There is a tab in the start menu for PC-DMIS 2018 R1 but all that's in it is Inspect 3.0, Notification Center 1.0, and PC-DMIS Settings Editor. The computer I'm on has a PCDMIS 2018 R1 tab in the start menu but it has Online, Operator, and Settings Editor.

I'm at a loss for what's going on here.
      "Do what I want you to do, not what I tell you to do."

-Me

Comment

I assume no license update was done at the same time?

Is the previous version installed still? If so does that open online?
        Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

• A-machine-insp
          A-machine-insp commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure, the IT company did the install. It does still have 2017 installed and it works but all of our currently running programs are in 2018 and we have to backsave to 2017 on another computer to run anything on it. It uses a network license like my computer does and I'm not having any issues on mine.

Originally posted by A-machine-insp View Post
        So an interesting thing that I saw while checking the properties of PC-DMIS in the start menu... The launcher icon isn't in the start menu. We have a shortcut on the desktop,
        Someone created the shortcut on the Desktop by dragging the Start Menu item, instead of copying it. The PC-DMIS installation does not create Desktop shortcuts.

AndersI
        SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Originally posted by A-machine-insp View Post
          We just updated all of our CMM's to 2018 R1 SP5 (from 2018 R1 SP4) and one of the computers is only opening DMIS offline but since it is an online seat, we can't do anything with it.
          and when you called tech support . . . . . ???

Comment

• A-machine-insp
            A-machine-insp commented
            Editing a comment
            We didn't, out IT company did. It's working now. They must have fixed it over the weekend.

• Don Ruggieri
            Don Ruggieri commented
            Editing a comment
            for future reference, it would be good to know what the problem was, how it was fixed, etc.

• A-machine-insp
            A-machine-insp commented
            Editing a comment
            I would share but the IT company fixed it on Saturday when nobody was here so we don't know what the problem or solution was. All we know is that it works now.