Probe not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe not responding

Last week PC crashed. Had to have the hardrive reformatted, the whole nine yards. Got the tower back, reinstalled DMIS. The CMM will move (move increments) when in DCC mode, however the PH10 will not rotate. The execution window comes up but nothing happens. Can't even calibrate the probes.
    DEA gantry machine retro fit with DMIS running 3.25.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Kevin

If you had the hard drive re-formated, did you lose your dongle key? When you reinstalled pc-dmis, did you rerun the little program to update the dongle? Can you open pc-dmis? If pc-dmis opens, I suspect you do not have all cables connected properly. HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
      If you had the hard drive re-formated, did you lose your dongle key? When you reinstalled pc-dmis, did you rerun the little program to update the dongle? Can you open pc-dmis? If pc-dmis opens, I suspect you do not have all cables connected properly. HTH
      Wes,
      I did rerun the hasp key instal program. Like I said, DMIS will open and I can move the machine with the jog box, I can even put in move increments with the machine in DCC and it will move. This is an older DEA machine with a Tutor P controler. I wasnt sure if this was something in the settings or not. I have two comm ports hooked up on the back of my PC. The controler is on comm port 2 and the PH9 is on comm port 1. I tried switching them around but to no avail. Of course I do not have an up to date SMA to I'm kind of hosed. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
      TIA
      Kevin

Comment

I think you have to have the original software installed and that Pcdmis works through it to run the machine, at least, there ARE software/machines out there that require this, not 100% sure if yours is or not, but I think that the Tutor is the one that requires it, but don't quote me on that.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I suspected as much, but. . . I know those tutor conversion machines have to have some tutor files to work properly. I don't "think" your problem is a setting, but my intuition has led me over many a cliff. Sorry I don't have any real help for you.
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            I think you have to have the original software installed and that Pcdmis works through it to run the machine, at least, there ARE software/machines out there that require this, not 100% sure if yours is or not, but I think that the Tutor is the one that requires it, but don't quote me on that.
            I have the Tutor directory on the hardive. Are you saying I have to install Tutor?
            Kevin

Comment

Do you have a SMA.....might be your best bet whether you do or don't....goodluck

Never mind missed the no SMA.........Still might be your best bet......just bend over & take a deep breath..........sorry
              Last edited by bw_bob; 04-09-2007, 10:20 AM.
              sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Kevin,

The problem, might be in the comm ports...check your Pc-dmis software, then your PC configuration to make sure they match. You do not need to install Tutor though. Do you not have a backup of machine critical files, including the Tutor based comp files ?
                Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
                  Kevin,

The problem, might be in the comm ports...check your Pc-dmis software, then your PC configuration to make sure they match. You do not need to install Tutor though. Do you not have a backup of machine critical files, including the Tutor based comp files ?
                  As far as I can tell, the comm ports are set-up correctly. However I still have no control over the PH10. I have back-ups of everything.
                  Kevin

Comment

Kevin,

Call me at the office.
                    Jim Jewell

Comment

Thanks for the help Jim...

Got a call from a B&S service guy, we tried a couple of different things, I think my comm port for the PH9 is bad. I will let you guys know how it turns out.
                      Kevin

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Resolved!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD COMMUNICATIONS PORT

Took the computer guy like 5 minutes to fix.

Thanks for all the replies guys.
                        Kevin

Comment

Kev,

HOW did he fix it....I may come across this again and would like to know.

While I couldn't fix it for ya, at least we knew the direction to look...LOL
                          Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
                            Kev,

HOW did he fix it....I may come across this again and would like to know.

While I couldn't fix it for ya, at least we knew the direction to look...LOL
                            I had to add a new communications card to my PC and redirect the PH9 to pick up the new communication port.
                            Kevin

Comment