Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC DMIS V.S. Quindos

All

I just received a great job offer. However, it’s a company that makes gear box assemblies so they use Quindos. How similar is Quindos to PC DMIS? Will it be a tough transition?
    Beep beep beep..

Its completely different, has a database structure. Feels a lot more text based than PCDMIS, and you need to know what commands to type in (there are a lot of commands). Very powerful software for special geometry parts like gears. Would be painful at the start but worth the pain in the end
    3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Comment

The little that I know is that there have nothing in common...
      Calibrations, features, alignments...
      I only know that a lot of code that I wrote in PC-DMIS already exist on quindos

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
        The little that I know is that there have nothing in common...
        Calibrations, features, alignments...
        I only know that a lot of code that I wrote in PC-DMIS already exist on quindos
        I think the math behind PCDMIS Gear came direct from QUINDOS. QUINDOS used to be UNIX based programming. I think it was QUINDOS7 that was the first version that changed from UNIX.

Comment

Make sure they send you for training!

Comment

I've been curious about Quindos for about 2yrs now. Hope to get to play with it one day without commitments.
            PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
            Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• davehocum
              davehocum commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. Getting a chance to use Quindos would be a great opportunity.

Originally posted by Kp61dude! View Post
            I've been curious about Quindos for about 2yrs now. Hope to get to play with it one day without commitments.
            Have to say QUINDOS is hands down the best CMM software I ever used. Virtually bug free and nothing you couldn’t do with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Liambo734 View Post
              Have to say QUINDOS is hands down the best CMM software I ever used. Virtually bug free and nothing you couldn’t do with it!
              Agree!

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Hmm... I wish they could offer crippleware versions of the CMM softwares so you could try them out.
                PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP10

Comment

• omega3
                  omega3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would be good, having not used PC-Dmis or Quindos for 4 years now, the knowledge I gained has now slowly diminished. Metrolog & Coreview are now used daily.
                  On another subject - I would like to see a Hexagon Coreview (White Light) forum page.

• davehocum
                  davehocum commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now this would be awesome. So, many other software companies are providing this type of demo software.

• Kp61dude!
                  Kp61dude! commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Totally agree, it should produce more sales too I would assume.

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
                Hmm... I wish they could offer crippleware versions of the CMM softwares so you could try them out.
                Call your salesman, get a demo license!
                Systems Integrator
                Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Fuller View Post

Call your salesman, get a demo license!
                  QUINDOS is one of the most dense softwares I have ever seen. It's nearly impossible to play around, IMO you need a trainer to impart large chunks of tribal knowledge. it is not designed to be user-friendly, it is designed to be user-godlike-powerful.

Comment

• vpt.se
                    vpt.se commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ...and this might be the reason for not having an official demoversion for download. These softwares are so dense that it runs the risk of taking unneccessary user flak because it is hard to "drive it" without at least some basic training. You need to know how to wield it.

I tried going down this rabbit hole before and Hexagon sales keeps pushing me away from Quindos. My Leitz does not get along well with PC-DMIS and so I had been curious about the difference. I was able to visit another shop and saw a PMM running on Quindos. VERY code intensive and not as much graphical reporting power as the demon. I don't know how you prove to any manager that you need this very expensive software that takes more time to use and doesn't show you as much ...??? Anyone disagree? I know it is very powerful when it comes to complex curves / gears, but how big is that niche?
                  sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
                  "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Benedictj1 View Post
                    I tried going down this rabbit hole before and Hexagon sales keeps pushing me away from Quindos. My Leitz does not get along well with PC-DMIS and so I had been curious about the difference. I was able to visit another shop and saw a PMM running on Quindos. VERY code intensive and not as much graphical reporting power as the demon. I don't know how you prove to any manager that you need this very expensive software that takes more time to use and doesn't show you as much ...??? Anyone disagree? I know it is very powerful when it comes to complex curves / gears, but how big is that niche?
                    HEX are probably just steering you away from QUINDOS because PCDMIS covers everything that you need to measure on your parts. Economics are relative though, if I was going to invest a lot of money in a high end Leitz machine I would want to be running it with it's originally designed and intended software. This was they way it was meant to be used.

It's all in the fine detail with CMM software packages (e.g. You want to check the run out between 2 gears, or measure the wear on a hobbing tool, or measure large gear sections and stitch them together). For the initial investment in QUINDOS you can do all this AND all the other normal stuff you do with PCDMIS. What's harder to swallow for management is when you have to do something like that and the current software you have on your high end machine just won't do it and you have to upgrade.

If I had a PMM I would be running it with QUINDOS. If I was that lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Ego Murphy View Post

QUINDOS is one of the most dense softwares I have ever seen. It's nearly impossible to play around, IMO you need a trainer to impart large chunks of tribal knowledge. it is not designed to be user-friendly, it is designed to be user-godlike-powerful.
                      If it's easy, it's probably not worth it.
                      Systems Integrator
                      Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

Peter,
                        Is there a way one could download the QUINDOS manual?

Comment