Reporting...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting...

When I run multiple parts, say a 100 piece run, it want's to report every part on one report. I want it, by default, to report just the one part I had just run... NOT including previously run parts.
    As it is now, when the part is done running and the dialog comes up to save the report, I cancel out of it. Then I view the report and have to click the "View Report Mode" button which flushes out the previous runs data and gives me just the part I had just run, and that's what I want it to do by default.
    TIA
    -Bill

PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1 - Global Image 7107 - PH10MQ - SP600M

Put your print command line before logic takes you to next part

Down side header is not there after first part, I have never resolved this
    I have used looped counters to add report comment line with sequencing of parts or whatever other information you want on the report for this to track reports to particular parts relevant info

Comment

I don't have a print command line or logic that takes my next part.
      I'm using defaults from the program.
      -Bill

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        Power, I used to have a script refresh report. Don’t have it anymore, maybe do a search. I’ll do the same in the meantime. This was before print commands

Maybe
        https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...7-blank-report
        Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 09-15-2018, 12:30 PM.

• dmis100
        dmis100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sub Main

Dim App As Object
        Set App = createobject("pcdlrn.application")
        Dim Part As Object
        Set Part = App.activepartprogram
        Dim Cmds As Object
        Set Cmds = Part.Commands
        Dim Cmd As Object
        Set ReportWindow = Part.ReportWindow

Dim ReFrw As Object
        Set ReFrw = Part.ReportWindow

'Full Report Mode
        'lngRetVal = ReportWindow.FullReportMode()

'Last Execution Report Mode
        lngRetVal = ReportWindow.LastExecutionReportMode()

'Report Refresh
        ReFrw.refreshreport

Set ReportWindow = Nothing
        Set EditWindow = Nothing
        Set DmisPart = Nothing
        Set DmisApp = Nothing

End Sub

The report prints what is in the execution list. Clear the list between your partial executes. File/Reset execution list. The is also a registry setting to automatically do this but I can’t remember what it is at this time.

Comment

In file/Printing/report window print setup try to set it to owerwrite or auto

Comment

How are you executing the program?

Run from cursor?

If you execute the whole thing (Execute button or Ctrl+Q) it clears the execution list.
          Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

I'm doing a CTRL-U on the line where it goes straight to DCC. All I wanna do is have it report the last run.
            -Bill

Comment

• NinjaBadger
              NinjaBadger commented
              Editing a comment
              Just unmark everything prior to that and do a ctrl+q instead.

(Overwrite will actually just overwrite the report file entirely)

Originally posted by Michael_Swe View Post
            In file/Printing/report window print setup try to set it to owerwrite or auto
            Ahhhhh... overwrite!! I'm going to try that!! I'll report back. THANKS!!!
            -Bill

Comment

NOT including previously run parts.
              The only ways to do this are to
              1) perform a full exection or
              2) clear the execute between partial executes or
              3) add/execute a PRINT command to output what was currently executed.

Comment

This is how I print reports.

1. It doesn't matter if I execute from CTRL+Q, CTRL+L, etc, as long as the machine recognizes at least ONE command beforehand (e.g. a move point, a feature, a clearplane, etc.)
                2. Insert a print command after your features but before your dimensions.
                3. Ensure this print command prints to nothing (no printers, files, excel, etc) and is set to DELETE_INSTANCES
                4. Insert>Report Command>Report Label.. The default is FILE_HEADER.rpt
                5. Continue with all of your dimensions you'd like to output onto the report, respective report comments and the like.
                6. Insert a second Print command, printing to your printer or a file or whatever.
                7. Set the second Print command to KEEP_INSTANCES.
                8. Try, try again

Comment

Are you using a loop function for measuring multiple products? Or Inspect?

Comment

This is why I hate pcdmis, simple things are a pain in the ****. been using it for 15 years and it's the worst software I have had to endure.
                    just let us set "view report mode"!! and set it as default in settings.

not everyone gets to do a ctrl-q and run from the top without interruption.

I'm starting to think they have had the same dinosaurs working at pcdmis for 20 years that refuse to change and make a software for the year 2018...

Comment

• davehocum
                      davehocum commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And when Hexagon does update PC-DMIS it's like they restored a old car to be like a New car in an incomplete way. I call PC-DMIS the forever beta software.

BTD_CMM

Originally posted by InspectorJester View Post
                    This is how I print reports.

1. It doesn't matter if I execute from CTRL+Q, CTRL+L, etc, as long as the machine recognizes at least ONE command beforehand (e.g. a move point, a feature, a clearplane, etc.)
                    2. Insert a print command after your features but before your dimensions.
                    3. Ensure this print command prints to nothing (no printers, files, excel, etc) and is set to DELETE_INSTANCES
                    4. Insert>Report Command>Report Label.. The default is FILE_HEADER.rpt
                    5. Continue with all of your dimensions you'd like to output onto the report, respective report comments and the like.
                    6. Insert a second Print command, printing to your printer or a file or whatever.
                    7. Set the second Print command to KEEP_INSTANCES.
                    8. Try, try again

This works for me very well. Try this

Or demo a new software maybe lol

Comment

no need to re-post a quote that I already saw above

I also use Polyworks, a modern software made for the modern world. lol maybe you guys should try it too.

Comment

• davehocum
                        davehocum commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Polyworks is another software I have been very interested in. How does Polyworks GD&T compare to PC-DMIS GD&T for reporting?

BTD_CMM You are making a great name for yourself belittling other people and bashing PC-DMIS. You have 3 posts on this forum and 2/3 of them are in this thread and all of it is a bunch of complaining. Go somewhere else with it.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
                        KIRBSTER269 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You’re like someone I would almost admire

• KIRBSTER269
                        KIRBSTER269 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ..........almost

• bfire85
                        bfire85 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        KIRBSTER269 I almost wish I could say the same about you. Almost...
                        Last edited by bfire85; 09-18-2018, 06:00 PM.
                    Working...
                    X