Maximum number of labels error in 3.7 Mr 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum number of labels error in 3.7 Mr 3

Our network is down so I'm running the B89 Ball bar in 3.7 MR 3 I just got an alert thats says the maximum number of labels that can be displayed is 400. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the ball bar.. I think these guys need to think about what they're doing once in a while.

Bill

I got the same error message the other day while doing a scan of an undercut area. Eng. wanted .100 x .100 grid of the area. One or two more than 400.
    sigpic
    Screw It. Let's Ride

2011 MR1 Cad ++

Comment

Iv'e seen this one also. You reckon they are listening to everything being reported on this Forum today?
      sigpic

Comment

I had that show up ONCE when I was doign a scan. It was a linear scan, NOT SINGLE POINTS, so 1 label per scan, right? WRONG, each point was getting a label, they would all blink for a fraction of a second after each hit, then they would be gone again until the next touch. I hit the RUN/HOLD button, then right-clicked on a different scan label, hid all labels, and then let it go. I have not seen the error again, but then I have not done any scanning since then, either.

AAND, GOOD DANG QUESTION! How many of us have to use more than 400 points in a program? A good many I would bet. Why would they limit it to 400.

And, this was also in V3.7 MR3.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Right - we don't do a lot of scans but when we do 400 is just getting started.
          sigpic
          Screw It. Let's Ride

2011 MR1 Cad ++

Comment

Surely they didn't mean for that to happen. I havn't done any scanning since I went to mr3.
            sigpicRAH
            B&S GI 10-7-10
            PH10MQ-SP600M
            3.7 MR3

Comment

Does this limit just apply to scans?
              We use 3.7 MR-2, have over 4000 points and labels in some programs.
              If they are adding a limit, it may be due to the time it takes to graphically draw them.
              I found some programs run much faster if the graphics (labels) are turned off.
              Last edited by RussL; 04-13-2006, 03:10 PM.

Comment