Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving probe angles after calibration

Hi everyone!

I am a new user of PC DMIS for CMMs and I am currently using PC DMIS 2014. I have calibrated more than 60 probe angles for a specific program. After that, I tried to use all those probe angles on another program, but they didn't save and it asked me to calibrate all the angles again.

Is there a way to calibrate as many probe angles as I like and than save them to use on more than 1 program?

Thanks a lot!

Guilherme Rezende

all of your probe files should be saved in the probe folder on your hard drive (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\2018 R2\Probe Files\ )
    replace the 2018 r2 with whatever version you are using

when you first open pcdmis goto edit/set search path then in the pulldown menu click on probe directory, check the location that pcdmis is looking for the probe files
    Last edited by mckenzie; 09-13-2018, 02:26 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Do you know where your *.PRB files are stored? (without any routine open, just blank pcdmis screen, click edit -> set search path, then click on probe directory. The folder will be listed at bottom.)
      File explorer to that folder. Check if someone before you has set the darned probe file as "READ ONLY" within the file properties in windows.
      Then check to see if there are any redundant probe files. Some jackwagon before me named a probe file with a spacebar at the end of the file, and that's how it's recognized in pcdmis believe it or not!

Other out of the box thoughts:
      When you created the probe and added the angles, did you
      -possibly click Cancel instead of OK after adding angles
      -possibly click the "Qualification Check" instead of "Calibrate Tips" box when measuring?
      -possibly not save that routine after adding the angles?

Comment

Wondering if you have admin rights?!
        Also check here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\WAI\PC-DMIS\2014.1\Probes

Comment

60 probe angles in 1 prg must be a monster !

Comment

Working...
          X