Is it possible to check compenents by using PC-DIMS instead of gauges like Go-Nogo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to check compenents by using PC-DIMS instead of gauges like Go-Nogo?

I need to use our Hexagon CMM instead of checking GO & NOGO gages. Need your help!

Need more detailed information. You can use the CMM to check many thing.
    Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

• karthikeyan
      karthikeyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Instead of checking the complonents by gages, i need to do with CMM.

Of course it is.
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

• karthikeyan
      karthikeyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you please explain how to do?

• VinniUSMC
      VinniUSMC commented
      Editing a comment
      It would take days to answer every possible question you might have.

You need to vastly narrow your question to something more specific. What exactly are you trying to do?

Originally posted by karthikeyan View Post
    I need to use our Hexagon CMM instead of checking GO & NOGO gages. Need your help!
    The CMM is there to enhance the lab, not to.replace tools in the lab.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

For a hole, I would use a cylinder max inscribed, and compare its diameter to the plus tolerance of the GO / NO GO...

Comment

Originally posted by karthikeyan View Post
        It's a very open question.

The CMM can be used to check many different dimensions of a part. Some aspect it cannot check.

What sort of Go-NoGo gauges are you referring to? Plain plug gauges? Thread Gauges? Snap Gauges?

What training have you had on the CMM?

What sort of CMM is it? Does it have a probe? Or a camera?

Typically with a CMM you get variable data (i.e. an actual measurement) whereas a Go-NoGo gives a pass/fail.

You need to be specific in your request. What dimension / characteristic of a part are you wanting to check?

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Take the part you need to check and all the gages that you currently use , place them in a clean and calibrated box then dump them on the table of the CMM all at one time. Then "read" the pile that you just created like an old shaman sooth sayer would do with the entrails of an animal sacrifice. Document your findings and repeat with the next part.

Seriously, this forum can help you but from the sounds of it I'm not sure if you're ready for any help that we can give.
          Last edited by Schlag; 08-31-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

You have to this in mind, just because the cmm can check it doesn't mean its the best tool to use. You have to factor in program/setup time and others matters. It may be more efficient to check with gauges than it is with the cmm. Think about those things before you waste time writing a program.
            Darroll
            2018R2

Comment

Yep.
              It's a really cool tool to use, but completely replacing gages and processes requires a lot of effort and knowledge about the software.
              I don't want to be that guy, but you can't explain what "Go/No-Go" gage you're talking about; I would imagine you need more experience before tackling something like this.

It takes 10 seconds to check threads with a hard gage.
              How long would it take you to figure out how to get the correct number of turns via CMM?

Comment