Using RMEAS with 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using RMEAS with 4.1

We have one of our 5 machines here using version 4.1. It is a Cordax machine with the newest generation Sheffield controller. On this machine, we are seeing a problem with using RMEAS as it applies to point measurements. Normally with snap turned on, you would not see error in your non-check direction for the point being measured. However, we have noticed that this is a problem using 4.1.

Has anyone using 4.1 seen this problem. Any work arounds for this? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Originally posted by johnnyrocket View Post

Has anyone using 4.1 seen this problem. Any work arounds for this? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Nope, I haven't seen this problem on any of our machines (yet)...
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

I just wanted to mention also that this problem seems to be while teaching the program in 4.1. If the program was written in 3.7 and merely run in 4.1, it doesn't seem to be an issue. Anyone else seeing this problem??

Comment

Often, there has been a bit of confusion regarding the 2 RMeas modes. Could this be the case for you? I've included the V4.3 text, but in your case, you'll want to pay attention to the 'previously called' part. Also, the IJK Z, IJK XYZ part as well.

Relative Features are often used in sheetmetal applications when the CAD model and the measured data may differ by quite a bit. This is usually a DCC option which simply modifies the path of the feature.
        Ex. If a plane is chosen as the RMeas feature (quite common) for a circle autofeature, then that circle will be measured with respect to that measured plane.
        For more flexibility, you can add a "RMeas" command to your program. The options are "Default (IJK Z)" (previously called "Absolute") or "Legacy (IJK XYZ)" (previously called "Normal") Note: Only Legacy mode is supported in vision applications
        Default mode often works better when the RMeas feature is a plane (quite common) because in that case, you probably wouldn't want to modify your XY location based on the plane's XY.
        If the RMeas feature is a circle, Legacy mode may work better (because you may want to modify your XY as well), depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

-Glenn

Comment

Thanks B & s for clouding the issue further.
          Personally 4.1 didn't last 2 hrs over here. I like 4.2Fit and I'm putting my job on it.
          G
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Russell View Post
            I've included the V4.3 text,
            -Glenn
            Did I just see a ref to version 4.3...?
            yipee....
            RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
            sigpic

Comment

Glenn,

With all due respect...I understand completely how RMEAS is supposed to work. The problem is that it's not working. Please read the original problem again and pay close attention to the part about showing error in the NON-CHECK direction.

Comment

bump

Comment