Report Window Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Window Question

Does anyone know how to get the report window to automatically display at the end of the program? Running V4.1. I want the Graphics window displayed while the measurements are being taken, then at the end I want the report window to display for the operator. Any ideas?

There might be an easier way to do it... (a setting somewhere that I can't think of...?) but here's one way that involves creating a BASIC script that executes your part and loads a Window layout immediately afterward.
    1. Create a layout and name it "ReportWindow" and have it just show the Report window.
    2. Create a BASIC Script (.bas file) that will execute your part program and after execution will display the ReportWindow layout. If you need it, here's some sample code that executes the current part program and then loads the "ReportWindow" layout afterward (you can test this code in the Basic Script Editor in PC-DMIS):

Code:
      Sub Main
      Dim App As Object
      Set App = CreateObject ("PCDLRN.Application")
      Dim Part As Object
      Set Part = App.ActivePartProgram
      ' This loads a stored window layout called ReportWindow
        Part.Execute 
        Part.LoadLayout "ReportWindow"
      End Sub
    3. When you execute for the first time. Pause (stop) execution and make sure the Graphics Display Window is visible (and anything else you want to show). Finish executing. Save your part program. Then close and reopen your part program. This tells PC-DMIS that you want the GDW to appear during execution.
    4. Next modify your Edit window toolbar with a new icon and have it load the .bas file.
    5. Click on that icon when executing.
    If you click the newly created icon instead of the normal Execute icon, the BASIC program will perform the execution and then afterward will load the ReportWindow layout.
    Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
    [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Originally posted by JaredHess View Post
      There might be an easier way to do it... (a setting somewhere that I can't think of...?) but here's one way that involves creating a BASIC script that executes your part and loads a Window layout immediately afterward.
      1. Create a layout and name it "ReportWindow" and have it just show the Report window.
      2. Create a BASIC Script (.bas file) that will execute your part program and after execution will display the ReportWindow layout. If you need it, here's some sample code that executes the current part program and then loads the "ReportWindow" layout afterward (you can test this code in the Basic Script Editor in PC-DMIS):

Code:
        Sub Main
        Dim App As Object
        Set App = CreateObject ("PCDLRN.Application")
        Dim Part As Object
        Set Part = App.ActivePartProgram
        ' This loads a stored window layout called ReportWindow
          Part.Execute 
          Part.LoadLayout "ReportWindow"
        End Sub
      3. When you execute for the first time. Pause (stop) execution and make sure the Graphics Display Window is visible (and anything else you want to show). Finish executing. Save your part program. Then close and reopen your part program. This tells PC-DMIS that you want the GDW to appear during execution.
      4. Next modify your Edit window toolbar with a new icon and have it load the .bas file.
      5. Click on that icon when executing.
      If you click the newly created icon instead of the normal Execute icon, the BASIC program will perform the execution and then afterward will load the ReportWindow layout.

I may have to try this also. Currently all I'm doing is turning the report window on before executing the program and it stays there until I turn it back off.
      sigpic
      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
      PCDMIS 2012
      Windows Office XP

Comment

Thanks! I'll give this a try.

Comment