7-10-7 motion compared to 9-12-9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-10-7 motion compared to 9-12-9

We have a 7-10-7 with 3.7 mr3 and just aquired a 9-12-9 with 3.7 mr3 from our sister plant. We are running the same part programs on both machines, but are having problems with the move speeds. When we run a program set up for the 7-10-7 on the 9-12-9, the 9-12-9 just flat out fly's. Both are setup for percentage on moves, and the 'Help' menu says don't change the speeds in the set-up editor. Is there anyway of matching the speeds without using the speed control on the joy stick?

I would guess that the actual, absolute speed is the issue here. The newer machines WILL move faster than the older machines. YOU CAN set absolute speeds instead of precentage speeds in the programs. You can find this in the F5 setup under PART/MACHINE. You will need to know what the max absolute speed is on the older, slower machine so that you won't enter in a vale HIGHER than the older machine can move, not that it will give an error or anything, but the older machine just will not move that fast. For example, if you use 250mm/sec for the old machine and it can only move 100mm/sec, then it will only move 100/mm sec but the new one might be able to move that fast.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Isn't it possible to set the max speed of the machine in mm/sec? Then, the program would run a percentage of that. Would that not be a better choice so that he doesn't have to modify all his programs to run absolute instead of percentage?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
        Isn't it possible to set the max speed of the machine in mm/sec? Then, the program would run a percentage of that. Would that not be a better choice so that he doesn't have to modify all his programs to run absolute instead of percentage?
        I think it can only be done 'per program' and is NOT a global setting, but I am not sure.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

The max speed is set in the controller (so that would probably make it a global setting). I have heard that this is sometimes changed by service engineers while debugging. Sometimes, it does not get set back...

Either have B&S fix this in your controller or program speed absolute.

Jan.
          PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
          Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Let 'er fly, I say !

Yes, there can be a difference in the controller speed, of which you cannot adjust. A B & S educated guy can though...
            Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
              The max speed is set in the controller (so that would probably make it a global setting). I have heard that this is sometimes changed by service engineers while debugging. Sometimes, it does not get set back...

Either have B&S fix this in your controller or program speed absolute.

Jan.
              I agree, this is most likely a controller setting... Are you using the same type of controllers on these machines?
              sigpic
              Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
              PCDMIS 2012
              Windows Office XP

Comment

I appreicate the replies, we are going to try setting the absolute speed on the newer machine to match the older one. Will let you know how it comes out.

Thanks

Comment

You didn't say what type of machines you have.
                  Are you comparing a global to an older XCEL?

Comment

We currently run an older Mistral machine and got a newer Global awhile ago...we simply generated some code that looks at the probefile and adjusts machine speed accordingly...

LOADPROBE/2BY20E20M
                    TIP/T1A0B0, SHANKIJK=0, 0, 1, ANGLE=-0.006
                    FORMAT/TEXT,OPTIONS, ,HEADINGS,SYMBOLS, ;NOM,TOL,MEAS,DEV,OUTTOL, ,
                    ASSIGN/V1 = GETCOMMAND("Load Probe","TOP",1)
                    ASSIGN/V2 = GETTEXT("Filename",0,V1)
                    ASSIGN/V3 = RIGHT(V2,1)
                    MOVESPEED/ ((V3=="M")*80)+((V3=="G")*20)
                    TOUCHSPEED/ 2-(V3=="G")
                    FLY/ON,3
                    the 'M' is for Mistral - the 'G' for Global

Not sure if this would help at all...
                    "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence" - Vince Lombardi

Comment

We tried the suggestions and nothing worked, at calibration time we will have the tech look at it. Thanks for the responses.

Ed

Comment

The max speed is edited using the hyper terminal. It's very easy, can be reset. Though if I were you I would use the MAXACCL command to slow down the intial acceleration rates, but keep the max speeds up.
                        So I think you open up hyper terminal and type menu cmd for a list of commands. I don't remember hold on If ur interested I'll get back to you.

G
                        sigpic

Comment