brown & sharpe ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brown & sharpe ONE

Does anyone have a brown & sharpe ONE machine? If so how do you like it? We just purchased one and I'm hoping it was a good move.

Sorry we Don't have ONE..... UNRESOLVED

the blue if for you T- Miller
    sigpicRegards,
    Donald Henger
    B&S Micro Excel Pfx
    3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
    PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
    Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

We have 3 of them on our shop floor. Rarely ever have any problems. Most problems are due to grease on the scales. Our shop has poor air quality. The y-axis velco sometimes comes unstuck and that allows for some contamination there. In the summer time, the computer cabinet becomes very hot - you may look into adding some fans to draw air in and suck hot air out. We fried one hard drive last summer from the heat. Other than that the machine is very durable and dependable. If you got the computer station and printer stand with it, it's a pain to change out keyboards, mouse or printer because of the way the wires are routed. Any specific questions?
      sigpic

Comment

Ours came last week. NICE machine. No issues so far.

Comment

We don't use the ONE, but I have heard nothing but positive feedback from people using them.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

We have 2 (7-10-7) for about a year and a half maybe 2 years now.

I think the Z axis ram is flimsy and whips a lot durring manual measurements. I can bang a part out manually on one of our MicroExcell PFX's or our Excell 7-10-7 and be just as accurate as DCC. Not so with the One. The Z counter balance looks cheap I expect it to go first but I can't say I've had a problem with it yet. Shrouds are velcro not fastened, expect to that to need replacing. Drive system is still rack and pinion. Have not had problems with it but I find the ball and lead screw on Sheffield a little more impressive.

I can't complain over all. The problems I point out are problems that I anticipate not problems I've had per se. Nice not running on air, you can move it with a pallet jack and be up and running botta bing. And we have, several times. Cover bellows issues like djayne pointed out but it does not sound like it is as severe as his issue.

We bought it simply because of price. Over all it looks like a flimsy cheap piece of crap. I can't say it is though so no real complaints. Both of ours are on the shop floor and run 24/7. Unlike djayne we did not buy their computer cabinets, we procured our own.
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
              Ours came last week. NICE machine. No issues so far.

Does any one have a picture of ONE???? Thanks Or I could look on the internet.
              sigpicRegards,
              Donald Henger
              B&S Micro Excel Pfx
              3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
              PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2

Comment

They are cute little machines. I've ran one before in training but here @ work I'm running an Xcel 15-20-10 (for the past 11 years now) to accomadate the large plastic housings I measure and some dies/tooling.
                sigpic
                Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by Don Henger View Post
                  Does any one have a picture of ONE???? Thanks Or I could look on the internet.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...ger/CMMONE.jpg
                  sigpicRegards,
                  Donald Henger
                  B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                  3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                  PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2

Comment

Hey, you are not allowed to quote yourself....
                    sigpic
                    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                    PCDMIS 2012
                    Windows Office XP

Comment

We have twelve ONE machines. Ten 7-7-5s and two 7-20-7s. Our shop coudn't be happier with them. They take a lot of abuse (as far as CMMs go) and still maintain their precision and accuracy.

I have only had to put in one service call in three years for the ONE machines. Other that that, general maintenance is all that has been required. Haven't had a single one fail calibration after installation, either.
                      PCDMIS 3.7 MR3, 2010

Comment

The shop I work in has two of the Ones and I like it. The only problem we have had was that both of the machines are on the Shop Floor and they do get pretty dirty. Once in a while I do have to clean the scales off. They are very user friendly.

Comment

The company I used to work for had ONE 7.10.7 and it was a lemon. So bad that we got an upgrade to a Global 7.10.7 for the shipping cost only.
                          DeWain Hodge

Comment

The CNC shop I work at has been running a ONE for about 10 years now. Other than the bellows velcro coming off (which can be fixed with new velcro strips) and the scales getting dirty once in a while (pre-packaged wipes for glasses clean these nicely) we've had no trouble with it. I've noticed that the computer cabinet gets quite warm in the summer, but since it rarely gets above 25ÂșC here, it hasn't been a problem. The machine has been moved around the shop a couple of times as we've expanded and after the calibration guy sets it up, it runs as well as it always has.

This is the only machine I've ever worked with, so I can't compare it to others. It's excellent for the small aluminum parts we manufacture.
                            Last edited by Erikir; 03-16-2016, 10:57 AM.
                            2012 CAD++ MR1
                            Brown & Sharpe ONE
                            PH10T

Comment

Does anyone have a 7 10 7 ONE machine they want to sell ? Looking for a good used "One"

PM me asap
                              Jim Jewell

Comment