bonus from MMC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonus from MMC question

I have the following dimension. TP|.1m|Dm. This is a circle on a plane that is TP to another Circle (Datum D) on the same plane. Am I allowed to add bonus from each circle to the TP tolerance? How do you calculate it for both?

From the first, yes. From the second (-D-), no. The second is for datum shift on a hard gage. I would add that if no other features are positioned from -D- then adding that bonus would be fine.

I'll leave it to Kev, our resident GD&T guru to correct and clarify.

TK
    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

not a guru
      i agree that this call out is for a position gage to be built to tolerance the pins for the fit in the gage to be built to

Comment

Originally posted by calbritton View Post
        I have the following dimension. TP|.1m|Dm. This is a circle on a plane that is TP to another Circle (Datum D) on the same plane. Am I allowed to add bonus from each circle to the TP tolerance? How do you calculate it for both?
        For the second question. Go to true postion the first feature you select will be the feature for MMC, the second Feature you select is the Datum MMC. You then check mark MMC for the datum. In the picture I have RFS for the datum.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...ueposition.jpg
        Last edited by Don Henger; 04-04-2007, 09:25 AM.
        sigpicRegards,
        Donald Henger
        B&S Micro Excel Pfx
        3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
        PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
        Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

You're using 4.1. Use the XactMeasure GD&T, and it will handle the bonus correctly. No need to try to do additional math...

If D does have a virtual condition, PC-DMIS will also take that into account. Be careful though: read the portion in ASME Y14.5 on "Simultaneous Requirements". You can set this (and I verified that it works!) under Insert/Dimensions/Simultaneous Evaluation . Thanks to Mr. Botta, I am now doing this right.

Jan.
          PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
          Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

I am not familiar with XactMeasure GD&T. Is that part of 4.1?

Comment

It is the name for the Feature Control Frames that the programmer creates by defining his/her datums and then call out their TP, Flatness, etc.etc.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Go to Insert/Dimension and "un-click": Use Legacy Dimensions

Now go back to Insert/Dimension/Perpendicularity. That pops up a window called "XactMeasure GD&T - Perpendicular Dimension". follow the instructions. It is pretty simple to work wth these things...

Jan.

Comment

Tip: Also, if your using 4.1 never create or define a Datum to a feature set. Unless of course you want to Delete your program without warning.

If your Datum is pattern of features, you have to use v4.2.
                  Mr. Comment
                  SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                  B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                  PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrComment View Post
                    Tip: Also, if your using 4.1 never create or define a Datum to a feature set. Unless of course you want to Delete your program without warning.

Woawww , thanks! I have not done this YET! I do have a few parts coming up where I have to get into this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jan.

Comment

Now there is an enhancement to make me wish I could be a 4head!
                      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Very interesting info. I'll have to keep that in mind... Still waiting on 4.2...
                        sigpic
                        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                        PCDMIS 2012
                        Windows Office XP

Comment