Rotating a Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating a Program

I have written a program (not yet complete) that has a cylindrical part standing on end (oriented ±z). I discovered that I need to measure both ends of the part so I need to lay it down on a v-block (oriented ±y). The program starts out with a manual point and then a manual circle to locate x,y,z. Then it goes dcc and measures a cylinder first thing. After the cylinder there is an alignment that says:

Code:
    A2         =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:A1, LIST= YES
                ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,ZMINUS,DATUMA
                ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,DATUMA
                ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,DATUMA
                ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,PNT1
                ALIGNMENT/END
    I thought I would be able to modify the manual alignment so that x,z was set on the circle and y set on the point (it was x,y on the circle and z on the point before). Then, modify DATUMA, the cylinder, to have a vector of 0,1,0. I thought that would take care of everthing else as long as I answered "NO" to the question "Update commands with new part alignment). It didn't. The vector of everything after this changed to 0,1,0??

Anyone had any sucess rotating a program like this?

I wouldn't have rotated the program. I would have just measured the same features on the part, in the same order, with the part sitting in the new orientation.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

That's exactly what I was going to recommend...
      sigpic
      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
      PCDMIS 2012
      Windows Office XP

Comment

That doesn't work because my first two manual features are 2d features and there is not a rotation in the first alignment.

Comment

Did you try changing the just the workplane at the beginning of the program and changing the CAD to MACHINE axis?
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment