2018 R2 + SP1 + SP2 issue list (continued):
    https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...554#post438554

2018 R2 + SP1 + SP2 + SP3 issue list (continued):
    https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...179#post440179

2018 R2 + SP1 + SP2 + SP3 issue list (continued):
    https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...806#post440806

2018 R2 + SP1 + SP2 + SP3 + SP4 issue list (continued):
    https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...073#post442073
    Last edited by vpt.se; 01-14-2019, 10:48 AM.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o18 R2 SP4

Unless the issues I am seeing are local (only happening for me) I would not recommend going to 2018 R2, stay on 2018 R1... There are far too many issues/workarounds that interfere with the day-to-day usage.

* Doubleclick on the mousewheel now does nothing, it used to snap the model to the nearest axis, fast and easy...
    Confirmed bug. Will be re-instated (fixed) in an upcoming SP.

* Importing the settings from 2018 R1 (through the settings editor) didn't copy the user files. Also, some F5 settings didn't change to match the settings from 2018 R1.

* Icons on the "Camera" and "Laser" tabs are large, despite changing the toolbar icons to small. This makes the status window (placed below the graphic window) to "clip" the icons, only showing the upper half of the icons.
    Fixed with a restart.

* Rotation widget gone. Not available through menus or customize toolbars... Might be related to migrating settings from 2018 R1 (user files copied).
    Seems the "toolbar.dat" userfile is causing these problems. Re-using the one from 2018 R1 makes the rotation widget disappear as an actual menu item. This file holds the custom toolbars you have created. Regardless of migrating older toolbars or creating new ones after a "reset user", the toolbar layouts are whacked (read further on in the thread).

* Weird (new) things happening in the XactMeasure dialogs:
    Have "show minus tol negative" enabled in the F5 settings, entering (as always) my minus tolerance for the feature as a negative number (-0.8), it will be positive when clicking OK to create the evaluation (both in the command and report). F9 the command and the tolerance you entered is showing OK. Change it to "0.8" will make the tolerance negative both in the command and the report. Workaround: Enter your tolerance as usual and change the tolerance in the command (in the edit window) instead.

* Creating a TP for one (1) feature, in this case a circle, prevents the Z-coordinate from displaying in the report window (I wanted to report Y and Z). No matter what/how I did, the Z-coord just wouldn't show up on the report! Workaround: select an additional feature to include in the evaluation, select the coords you want reported, hit OK to create/save. Check the report so that it displays the axises you want. F9 the command again and remove the additional feature you added. After clicking OK, the report should still be displaying your correct coords, but now for the single feature only. If you don't have an additional feature but only one unique feature, just copy the one you have, change the featurename and use that in the evaluation/FCF to get the report correct. After you have removed it from the FCF you can delete the copied feature. It is only used to get the report in order.
    Confirmed bug.

* Translation error in the alignment section of the FCF-builder (XactMeasure), making it swenglish. (Datum Reference Frame and Current Alignment should be translated to swedish). Swedish language packs installed. The red error texts are also in english.

* Comment dialog box causing issues. Pressing space bar while typing your text in the textbox actually acts as a left button mouseclick... Try it by opening the comment dialog and place your mouse cursor on any other radio button than the one you selected. Type your text and on each press of the space bar it will select whatever button or other enabled UI element that is below the mouse cursor. This caused several interrupted lines of text for me before I figured this one out. Workaround: before typing your text, make sure to place the mouse cursor in the text box area, this way each space bar press won't shift focus from the text box.
    Confirmed bug.

* Datum definition dialog does not remember its last position. I move the datum definition dialog box to the second monitor and close it and still it opens centered on screen on the primary monitor.
    Confirmed bug, filed as PCD-149023.

* Defining a datum giving the datum a lowercase letter didn't pose problems in earlier versions because PC-DMIS would automagically convert the chosen letter to an uppercase when creating the command. In this version, this automatical uppercase conversion doesn't work so the datum letter will be created as lowercase. This poses a problem because when you select your lowercase datum in an FCF, it will turn red because the FCF automagically converts the datum letters to uppercase. Workaround: it's obvious; enter an uppercase letter when defining the datum, or change it to uppercase in the edit window.
    Fixed in 2018 R2 SP1.

* Saving report to file always converts the filename to uppercase letters when saving.
    Fixed in 2018 R2 SP2.

* Some features sometimes refuses to update on the report. Example:

wrongdiam.JPG

* Illumination settings for vision - this has been along ever since we got vision and it's the occurrence of "ALL ON / ALL OFF" in three different languages. Swedish (of course), English and I believe it is Italian. One of these would have been enough, preferrably swedish since I am running swedish language.

illum.jpg

* 2018 R2 SP1 *

Create a group of features, give it a datum definition. Create a TP using the datum you just defined, but type it in, like "B-B" and click away from the datum text box. This is where PC-DMIS crashes to desktop. Even if it is incorrect to use the group of features like "B-B", PC-DMIS shouldn't crash to desktop, I'd prefer it display an error or anything than CTD.
    Confirmed bug, filed as issue PCD-149928.

* The datum definition "shortcut" in the FCF builder (XactMeasure) seems to work sporadically. Sometimes it won't even open to let me create a datum definition so I have to go through the menus instead (shortcut = the plus sign to the right of the DRF).
    Fixed in 2018 R2 SP2.

* The autowrist function in the autofeatures does not work for me. It does not "trigger"/show tip change dialog at all. Probe in 0.0, selecting autoplane/autoslot in a surface in X and it seems to think the 0.0 is a good choice, because it doesn't offer me a better tip angle at all.

*Report format sometimes defaults to .TXT. Unknown why. I always save as PDF. Seems to be the default when creating new programs. After changing to PDF, that settings sticks for the entire PC-DMIS session. Restart PC-DMIS and start a new program and the report format is back to TXT... PCD-150164, fixed in 2018 R2 sp3

*Unable to change nominal value in Xact for a one-axis TP for a plane. I select my axis of evaluation and change the nominal to reflect the nominal coordinate (in the Xact-dialog) but the change never "sticks". Doing the change (the coord in the TP) through the edit window works. Doing it through the edit window also triggers the "Do you want to update the theo for the feature"-question - this never happened when changing it in Xact.

* I am finding myself having problem accessing the subfeatures (programmatically) in an autofeature - for example: I have an adaptive autocylinder made with circles on seven levels. Now I want to regenerate/recalculate circle 7 to a maximum inscribed circle just to find out that I can't - or I don't know how to do it. I tried with the "usual" syntax of CYL2.ITEM[CIRCLE7].HIT[1..CYL2.ITEM[CIRCLE7].NUMHITS] but that fails with a message that the features haven't been previously defined. I try to throw circle sevens hits into a group and recalculate that, to no avail. Is this even possible?
    Confirmed

* The dialog for "Lighting and material" does not remember it's last position. Additionally, sometimes it displays the contents from another tab instead of the tab I chose (clipping plane etc). Regardless of clicking the different tabs it doesn't change the contents. The active tabs changes as I click on them, but still displays the wrong content. Only fix is to close the dialog and re-open it. Happens very sporadically. Maybe related to the OpenGL information tab? This happens only when the "CAD" graphics window is selected/active, not when "Vision" or "Laser" window is selected/active.
    Dialog position inconsistency might be related to multimonitor settings (nVidia programs)

* Reporting LOCation properties for a cylinder (adaptive scan, concentric circles), I reported diameter and forgot to remove the height/length property from the default settings. I F9 the command and unselect the height/length checkbox and hit create. The height/length property is still there (nothing changed). Workaround: simply delete that line from within the edit window. Update: In order for this to "work", you need to expand the cylinder in question and choose the circle in question, then unselect/select the properties you want to display/not display. PCD-150272

* Applying a SIZE evaluation needs several (useless) clicks. I expand my autocylinder (adaptive scanning) in order to select a circle. I choose "ISO-code" for evaluation and enter my ISO-size (H7) in the corresponding text field. When I hit create, the autocylinder folds back (closes) so I need to expand it again in order to select the next circle, plus the ISO-code selection combobox selects the first option in the combobox, so I need to select ISO-code again. I expected the cylinder to stay expanded in the featurelist (showing the subitems) and the ISO-code option to still be chosen when I hit create.

Character limit exceeded, continued here:
    https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...917#post436917
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Don Ruggieri; 11-26-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
      * Doubleclick on the mousewheel now does nothing, it used to snap the model to the nearest axis, fast and easy...
      It probably got lost in the enhancement that allows you to configure the mouse to work as a number of different CAD systems. Click Edit -> Graphic Display Window -> Lighting & Materials, then click the Pan, Zoom, Rotate tab and select your preference.

You can get almost the same effect by clicking on a surface of the Rotation Widget.

The import problem could be connected to access rights, I haven't noticed it.

The camera tab looks OK on my system (I don't have Laser) - what's your screen resolution? Is the problem still there after Reset User?

camera_tab_OK.PNG
      Last edited by AndersI; 08-13-2018, 06:06 AM.
      AndersI
      SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• vpt.se
        vpt.se commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, fixed with a restart. However, my rotation widget is gone. Not available through menus or customize toolbars. Might be related to me migrating settings from R1 (copying user files).

Originally posted by vpt.se
      However, my rotation widget is gone. Not available through menus or customize toolbars. Might be related to me migrating settings from R1 (copying user files).
      Is the button not there in the Graphic Items toolbar?

RotationWidgetOnOff.PNG
      AndersI

Comment

• vpt.se
        vpt.se commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, not available through the "regular" menus either.

Untitled.jpg

Comment

Here is what i got rotationw.jpg

Comment

Found the culprit, it's the "toolbar.dat" file that is causing problems. When I use the one from the 2018 R1 installation, the rotation widget is gone, both from the regular menu and the toolbar "Graphical features". Somehow these .dat files can wreak havoc on the actual PC-DMIS program (remember gbarstate.dat crashed best-fit alignments?), which is really worrysome. In this case, the rotation widget is prohibited from displaying in the actual menu! Yeah, this area of the codebase is in dire need of a clean-up.

Here's a screenshot where the rotation widget is available in the toolbar - but not in the regular menu (really weird):
          (widget toolbar icon to the right (enabled) but is missing as an actual menu item)
          Untitled.jpg

At this point, I have to choose from having the rotation widget but not my custom toolbars, or have the rotation widget and redo all my custom toolbars (PITA!)...
          Last edited by vpt.se; 08-13-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

A "Reset user" is always a good start when something is missing...
            AndersI

Comment

• vpt.se
              vpt.se commented
              Editing a comment
              Wouldn't this nuke my custom toolbars?

• AndersI
              AndersI commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, but as they are part of the problem you don't have much choice. If you re-create your toolbars every update, you will remember better how to do it, and it won't take long...
              (Just a teeny, weeny, bit of irony in that statement)

This one really sucked.

Comment

• AndersI
              AndersI commented
              Editing a comment
              I think/hope there's a good chance to get it back if you file a suggestion at https://hexagonmi.userecho.com/ as they haven't documented the removal of that functionality. It probably "just happened" when they implemented the configurable mouse.

• vpt.se
              vpt.se commented
              Editing a comment
              ...it's a way to force us to use the rotation widget.

• vpt.se
              vpt.se commented
              Editing a comment
              This one was removed unintentionally and will be re-instated in a later SP (not SP1 though).

Hexagon needs to scrap there old toolbar system and create a new one. Every update a complete custom toolbar needs to be created. Also, if there are custom Icons for scripts the user defined commands will create multi duplicates of the commands.

Suggested Features - HexagonMI Idea Center.
            PC-DMIS Customize process needs a total rebuild
            http://hexagonmi.userecho.com/commun...-total-rebuild
            Last edited by davehocum; 08-15-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Reset user. Spend an hour setting the layout up. Spend 20 minutes linking all my custom items (scripts/automation) to a toolbar. Looks great. Saving the window layout for fast and easy restore - just in case something messes up the layout. Clicking restore layout. PC-DMIS automatically adds a "Layoutlist" toolbar for me (I never selected it nor used it). It isn't selected for display in the customize menu. I select it and deselect it. Still there. I move it out of the toolbar area and click the [x] in the top right corner of the toolbar to close it. Gone. Click the restore layout and it is back. Remove it again and closes out. Create a new part program. The toolbar is back. Can't be removed.

FML.

layoutbar.jpg

Comment

• InspectorJester
                InspectorJester commented
                Editing a comment
                AndersI I agree, but can you explain why that'd be a problem? I don't do it simply because I need a backup of everything. Could you lose a button or something?

• vpt.se
                vpt.se commented
                Editing a comment
                That's just ridiculous. So, if I want something similar to a default toolbar, except for say two icons that are displaying features I don't even have, I'd have to create a new toolbar just so things don't get messed up? Tell me you are just being ironic, AndersI

It shouldn't be a problem editing the default toolbars. If it can result in icons being removed from menus, then this section of code needs to be dragged out into the parking lot, run over, set on fire, buried in a hole then covered with concrete. Is the PC-DMIS code really that volatile?
                Last edited by vpt.se; 08-17-2018, 11:05 AM.

• Sfoy24
                Sfoy24 commented
                Editing a comment
                I had this problem too, it started coming up with every reboot of PC DMIS after I tried to create a form.

Updated the list of issues.

Comment

It shouldn't be a problem editing the default toolbars.
                If it can result in icons being removed from menus, then this section of code needs to be dragged out into the parking lot, run over, set on fire, buried in a hole then covered with concrete.
                Now, this should have been done years ago.

Comment

WOOHOO! they did an awesome job with the new "open" dialog.....finally!
                  Last edited by Kp61dude!; 08-17-2018, 12:17 PM.
                  PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
                  Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• vpt.se
                    vpt.se commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, been waiting for this one!

Originally posted by Kp61dude! View Post
                  WOOHOO! they did an awesome job with the new "open" dialog.....finally!
                  Very true. There are some good improvements with this version of PC-DMIS. However, with PC-DMIS I, feel like they are restoring and old car and customizing it to be like a new car in an incomplete way.

Comment

• Kp61dude!
                    Kp61dude! commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That explains why I like PcDmis so much. I own a 1981 Toyota Starlet that is (almost fully) controlled by micro controller.

• InspectorJester
                    InspectorJester commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Let me find out you're turning real cars into RC toys..