Setting up hardware definition in Graphic display window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up hardware definition in Graphic display window

Oke, so I am trying to set up a whole hardware definition (machine, probe and change rack) in the graphic display window, and have some problems with it..

My configuration is:

Global S 12.22.10
    HH-AS8-T2.5
    HP-S-X1H
    HR-X1

First of all, PC-DMIS hasn't the CMM .draw file of Globas S 12.22.10. So I took the STEP file and imported in PC-DMIS and then changed the extension to .DRAW, but still I cannot import the new .DRAW file, because PC-DMIS has not the option to just pick a file for importing a CMM from the pc folders.. Any idea's?

Secondly, whenever I wan't to import the changer rack into the graphic display window, I go to Animated Probe Changer and the select the Active Probe changer, but it does not show any models... Maybe my probe description is not correct? I haven't found the HP-S-X1H in the probe description and used the LSPX1H?? I have defined the probe changer as LSPX1H / HR-X (HR-X1-P), but did not define the port locations. Do I alsno need to define the port locations?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Ok, here is what I done for importing the machine. As I said, I imported the Step file of the CMM and then took the .CAD file what was made after the import (the file what has the same name as the program). Then I placed the .CAD file in the models folder of PC-DMIS (where all the CMM models of pcdmis are stored) and changed the extension to .DRAW. After that I went to appdata --> pcdmis and opened the usermachine.dat and placed the following code:

Code:
    ITEM:Custom_GLOBAL_S_12_22_10 ARM
    cadgeom 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 global_s_12_22_10.DRAW
    tablecenter 450 600 -882.9974 0 0 1
    linearjoint 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1200 y axis
    cadgeom 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 global_s_12_22_10.DRAW
    linearjoint 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 900 x axis
    cadgeom 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 3 global_s_12_22_10.DRAW
    linearjoint 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -800 0 z axis
    cadgeom 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 4 global_s_12_22_10.DRAW
    connect 0 0 0 0 0 1 ARM
    * I took the code from the GLOBAL EVO and used it for this custom machine and changed the draw file only *

When I open the custom file, then it gives me the error message that it cannot be found or it is still in use........ Well the file is there! And it is not in use!

Any idea's?

Secondly about the probe changer, I found the model for it. It is the Leitz_tier.draw, but I can't select it, as described above. Don't know why?

Comment

• Jim Poehler
      Jim Poehler commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a thought: are you sure it is not a Global B&S 12-22-10? Maybe try that one and see if it looks like yours.

• MihaelR
      MihaelR commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the functionality is the same, but I rather have the exact machine

Now i know that the .DRAW file is not good.. Why? I imported the STEP file and took the .CAD file what was made by PC-DMIS and changed the extension to .DRAW and placed it in the models folder of PC-DMIS. Should be fine, right? Shitty extension this .DRAW

The proberack seems to work with the pmmc.draw file, but I cannot choose the orientation. Why is this made so difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by MihaelR View Post
      Why is this made so difficult?
      Because the vendor promises things they can't deliver. I would give several body parts and as much gold as I can steal for the ability to have virtual representation of the probe rack that actually works.

Comment