Mutiple parts in one program.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mutiple parts in one program.

    We are about to start a job of about 130 part numbers. There are 7 different configurations where 90% of the part is the same on every part, then there is a assortment of bolt holes & ports.. What would be some recommendations of the best way to program this without writing 130 different programs.
    MIKE OXLONG

  • #2
    Make a program that covers the 90% and then program the other 10%. Then use flow control statements at the beginning of your program that once the 90% is completed, it will jump to the section for the specific configuration of the part.

    Once the config is completed, use flow control to jump to the print command.

    It will be a long program so save often and make a backup.
    Last edited by acgarcia; 08-09-2018, 05:28 PM.

    Comment


    • brian.freeman
      brian.freeman commented
      Editing a comment
      +1--Case /End case would work well here

  • #3
    variables, based on input, choose group of variables, (ex. different diameter, same position)

    Comment


    • #4
      1 parametric program for each configuration.

      It depends however, different bolt holes locations and sizes are easy. A different number of features and it gets awkward, especially if you do anything other than standard reporting (i.e. exporting data to SPC or a csv file etc)
      Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

      Comment


      • #5
        Hi,

        You can use advanced tab for advanced programming PC DMIS. Define variables like A for 90% parts and make a one single program for A and the Define B for 10 % parts make programme for that too. Once it done, make CMM to ask variables before starting to run the programme like Enter A for 90% part n B for 10%. If you entered A in dialogue box it should run A Programme for 90% and if then B then it should run for 10 %.

        I hope it will help to resolve you issue.

        Comment


        • #6
          iT DEPENDS ON YOUR OUTPUT CONFIG PLEASE ELUCIDATE OUTPUT REQUIREMENTS

          Comment


          • #7
            If it’s not totally different from part to part. Might be able to find common pre hit distance/angles/scans to find edges/diameters/surfaces or whatever. Then use variables for coridinates/sizes/locations that the prehits find to adjust the rest of your features/coordinates. Then you can program the entire thing once. Then I would dimension the 90%. Then either case or if statement the 10%. Utilizing alignments and math, you could probably write 1 program for 100% of the part. Just would have to dimension the the 10% differently
            Last edited by Daddy; 08-13-2018, 10:24 PM.

            Comment


            • #8
              We have similar circumstances here with spinal rods. We often have one tabulated print for 30 or 40 rods with only a few differences between them, and having it all in one program helps with revision control.
              What I do is use flow control commands, starting with asking the user for their part number.
              Then I use a case statement, based on user inputted part number, that defines different variables based on the differences between the parts using the part number.
              For example variable R for bend Radius.
              For me in most cases this is the only thing that changes so my program is normal up until the bend radius. Then the degree of arc that is checked is set with the variable R which is set at the beginning of the program.
              The end result is one program that works for an entire tabulated print.

              Comment

              Loading...
              Working...
              X