Text mode dimension reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text mode dimension reporting

Running 4.1 with old style reporting. Problem is I have to always put the check mark back into the text mode dimension reporting box every time I start a new job. How can I set this as a default? Tried saving my template and saving my window settings to no avail

just try it

It's easy to do that. You need to put the check mark back into the text mode dimension reporting box and then click "save windows layout" as your new windows layout. Then save the program and next time you run the program and it would give you a surprise!
    The content mind is the greatest happiness a man can enjoy in the world.......

SHEFFIELD CMM
    PCDMIS V3.7/V4.1/V4.2........

Comment

Originally posted by paulsar View Post
      It's easy to do that. You need to put the check mark back into the text mode dimension reporting box and then click "save windows layout" as your new windows layout. Then save the program and next time you run the program and it would give you a surprise!
      If that works, good answer paulsar!!!
      I'll have to try later on. I don't use the old style reporting but good to know either way!!!
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by paulsar View Post
        I couldn't get this to work. Anyone confirm?

There are a few other ways to do what you are looking for.

1 - Point your reporting search path to any other directory, this will force PC-DMIS to create a report template called DEFAULT.rtp. It's the bare bones text mode report. This will also cause you to lose the new 4.0+ report header. If you like the new header, and want everything else text mode see #2

2 - Customize your report template. Remove all the rules except the one for the File Header command. It's probably quicker to do this by adding the single rule to DEFAULT.rtp then it is to remove all the rules but the one from TextOnly.rtp

Either way, set this as your default template and your good to go.

Comment