Flatness - Applied on Unit Basis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatness - Applied on Unit Basis?

I got a little heads up on my next project coming.

Apparently I'll have to check the Flatness of a mounting flange via a unit basis.

The flange spec is going to be .2mm 100X100 and also .15mm 50X50.

Any thoughts on how to get PCDMIS to do this trick easily, or am I going to be stuck making an uber number of 50X50mm and 100X100 planes all over the part first?

Thanks in advance.
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

Yikes! I don't envy you. Why the strange callout? If you are extremely lucky, the whole plane will be within .15. That is a little easier to measure. I guess I would start out applying .15 to the whole thing and then if it fails that move to the looser tolerancing you described. I have no clue of the best way to do the looser tolerancing. My best guess would be some pretty heavy programming. A lot of vector points and then some logic that says evaluate each point relative to its neighbors in the 50X50 or 100X100 area.

About that 50X50 or 100X100 area... is the rotation of these going to be restricted? Otherwise, could you convince them to call it out as a diametrical area.

Comment

is it called out "between the holes"
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

I havent seen the print yet.

The entire surface area though will probably be narrow lands with grooves cut into them, so the plane will probably be broken into at least 8 different thin areas. In short I doubt there will be much of a chance the surface will stay within .15mm overall. The best I've seen thus far on similar product has only been around .3-.4 mm but without goofy callouts.
        Mr. Comment
        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
        B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrComment View Post
          I havent seen the print yet.

The entire surface area though will probably be narrow lands with grooves cut into them, so the plane will probably be broken into at least 8 different thin areas. In short I doubt there will be much of a chance the surface will stay within .15mm overall. The best I've seen thus far on similar product has only been around .3-.4 mm but without goofy callouts.
          What we have done is edge points on one narrow land out of the 8. Then do a paste with pattern for the other 7 if the are equally spaced apart. Just a thought. You then can create the planes you need from the edge points. (or just vector points).
          sigpicRegards,
          Donald Henger
          B&S Micro Excel Pfx
          3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
          PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
          Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Henger View Post
            What we have done is edge points on one narrow land out of the 8. Then do a paste with pattern for the other 7 if the are equally spaced apart. Just a thought. You then can create the planes you need from the edge points. (or just vector points).
            Ever since I showed you the paste with pattern trick Mr. Henger, you have been trying to apply it to everything.... It is a handy lil' tool though....
            sigpic
            Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment