Crashing when saving stats to Datapage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing when saving stats to Datapage.

My first posting, but a viewer for months. I just installed (Saturday) a new PC w/ 4.1, that we purchased from Hexagon, on our B & S Microexcell 4.5.4. I have 5 CMM's throughout the plant ... all B & S except for the Sheffield 1808DCC that I write all the programs on. I've experienced all the head-aches w/4.1 that are posted in this forum but was just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. The system locks-up when I get to the end of my program and asked "Do you want to save stats to Datapage." I've upgraded Windows, I've checked my XSTATS11.TMP file and I deleted the datapage file and created a new one. My stats are saved in Datapage but my report doesn't print. I've got a call in to tech support, but you guys are 100% better on stuff like this. This forum has made my transition from 3.2 to 4.1 bearable without too much alcohol. Please respond.

Do you have your printer turned on in print options?
    I should add, do you have the correct printer selected.
    Is this with all your programs or just one program?
    Last edited by STANLEY; 04-02-2007, 10:41 AM.
    sigpic

Was
    Pc-dmis 3.5 MR1 B & S 2009 MR1

Now
    2010 MR3

Comment

Printer is on. Report window is open. Occurs with all programs.

Comment

Try running a program with no stats and see if it will print. If it prints then we know its something with datapage causing the trouble.
        sigpic

Was

Now
        2010 MR3

Comment

Ran the program w/Stats "off". Still locked-up and did not print report. Had to re-boot. Must not be a problem w/Datapage.

Comment

Lets try to run a program with printer turned off and stats turned off.
            Then try it with stats on and printer turned off.
            If you still have a problem we can rule out printer, datapage. I would forget about 4.1 and go to 3.7 mr3 and see if that works. When you loaded 4.1 you might have a bad file or setting sorry i was of no help.
            Last edited by STANLEY; 04-02-2007, 12:34 PM.
            sigpic

Was

Now
            2010 MR3

Comment

Ran program w/Stats "off" and Printer "off" and it ran fine ... ran program w/ Stats "on" and printer "off" and it ran fine. What's going on?? Do I need to re-load my print drivers? Also, what is a "PCDMIS 250 Converter" in my print set-up? When it crashes ... it will default back to this printer?????

Comment

Try reloading your print drivers and see if that helps. Maybe pcdmis 250 converter is part of your problem, I don't know what it is. I'm sure someone else on this board knows what that is.
                sigpic

Was

Now
                2010 MR3

Comment

Have you tried deleting your executegbarstate found within your screenname folder? When you do this, keep in mind that you will lose you window layouts, but that should be ok, because you need to make them again anyways if the problem is what I'm thinking. Once the executegbarstate is deleted, run you program ( at this point I will also ask, do you have the printer turned on in the pulldown menu and have a print command within you're program? If so turn off the printer via the pulldown menu). Now run your program, do not change any of the screens being viewed. If this takes care of your problem, you can minimize the report window but do not close it. You can get rid of the probe readout window if desired. Hope I have helped.
                  Last edited by JamesMannes; 04-02-2007, 01:42 PM.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Have you sacrificed a goat recently?
                    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

James, I followed your instructions .... deleated the "executebarstate.dat" file, added a print command (turned-on printer in the command) and turned-off the printer in the drop-down box. Well, I'm not crashing anymore, but still not auto printing at the end of my program. Anymore suggestions? Bye-the-way .... I'm lookin' for that goat!!!

Comment

Can you look at the path via the pulldown menu(you'll have to check the box in order to follow its' path) and see if that path is the same path as where your program resides? If not it may be sending your reports to the place that your program resides instead of the path delineated in the pulldown menu for report window print setup.
                        Let me know, we'll get it fixed.
                        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys .... she's running and printing w/ no crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUG MORTON View Post
                            Thanks for all your help guys .... she's running and printing w/ no crashes.
                            Doug can you tell the user group what the fix was? Just in case someone else has the same problem. Thanks
                            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

James, I'm not quite "out of the woods" on this one yet! I'll reply later.

Comment