Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats

I have ran Datapage before using MM4 software and had no problems. But since we purchased Datapage with the PCDMIS I started trying to use it today. Seems to be working fine but the command I use STATS/ON shows up in my report, is it suppose to. and do you need the STATS/OFF at the end. I know you fine gentlemen use this all the time and will supply me with some help and do I post it here are does it really matter?
    sigpic

Yes, it will show up and no, you don't need a stats off, in fact, don't use it.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      Yes, it will show up and no, you don't need a stats off, in fact, don't use it.
      Just to be curious. I have always used stats off but just before stats off I always put update stats. So is there a reason not to use stats off?? I just always used it because of mm4 you had to.
      sigpicRegards,
      Donald Henger
      B&S Micro Excel Pfx
      3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
      PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
      Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Henger View Post
        Just to be curious. I have always used stats off but just before stats off I always put update stats. So is there a reason not to use stats off?? I just always used it because of mm4 you had to.
        Nope, I have never found a reason to use it. The ONLY time it shows up in my program is if I toggle the STAS ON command to STATS off. This will prevent any data from being saved to the stat file but it will 'remember' all the database paths you used so when you toggle it back on, they are still what they were before you toggled it off.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          Nope, I have never found a reason to use it. The ONLY time it shows up in my program is if I toggle the STAS ON command to STATS off. This will prevent any data from being saved to the stat file but it will 'remember' all the database paths you used so when you toggle it back on, they are still what they were before you toggled it off.
          Thanks Matt & by the way Nice HAT
          sigpicRegards,
          Donald Henger
          B&S Micro Excel Pfx
          3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
          PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2

Comment

Originally posted by Don Henger View Post
            Don you are correct in MM4 you had to use STATS/OFF, but I tried it this morning with removing the STATS/OFF and it worked. and also if you choose F5 there is a place under the Dimension tab where you can tell it to update all the time for all programs.
            Last edited by AuRules; 04-02-2007, 05:03 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
              Don ou are correct in MM4 you had to use STATS/OFF, but I tried it this morning with removing the STATS/OFF and it worked. and also if you choose F5 there is a place under the Dimension tab where you can tell it to update all the time for all programs.
              Thanks AuRules; As many times that I've went to set up options/ dimension I'm just usually using it for positive reporting for x-y-z. I'm going to start looking around more. Thanks I can use that
              sigpicRegards,
              Donald Henger
              B&S Micro Excel Pfx
              3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
              PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2

Comment

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
                Don ou are correct in MM4 you had to use STATS/OFF, but I tried it this morning with removing the STATS/OFF and it worked. and also if you choose F5 there is a place under the Dimension tab where you can tell it to update all the time for all programs.
                That is a true statement, but, if you loop your program to run another, either with a question (do you want to run another part?) or an automated looping, you will need to put in the STATS/UPDATE command. Otherwise you will only have 1 statistic set saved (say you run 10 pieces; you will only get the last piece if there isn't a STATS/UPDATE command telling DMIS to send the stats.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                  That is a true statement, but, if you loop your program to run another, either with a question (do you want to run another part?) or an automated looping, you will need to put in the STATS/UPDATE command. Otherwise you will only have 1 statistic set saved (say you run 10 pieces; you will only get the last piece if there isn't a STATS/UPDATE command telling DMIS to send the stats.
                  Nice to know, James I will print this out and add it to a book I keep for furture problems and the next day after a hangover and can't remember sh*t day.
                  THANKS you ALL
                  sigpic

Comment