Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "PC Dmis Message" Problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a question in regards to the "PC Dmis" message window. Whenever I run my program in DCC mode, this window would always pop up notifying me about a tip change or a comment. I was wondering if I can disable this pop-up window? I am currently a student learning PC Dmis level 1 at a technical school.

NO!!!!! DO NOT DISABLE THE MESSAGE WINDOW!!!!!! That message window is there to give you information about what's going on in the program. I hope no one here shows you how to do it. If you disable the window and something happens to the machine during execution, you could lose your job. On a better note, continue to go to school and learn all you can. BTW, I was a Machinist too before I was a programmer
    Last edited by Darrollh; 07-14-2018, 12:14 AM.
    Darroll

Comment

If it's comments, those are not from PC-DMIS, but from the program. Those are placed into or removed from the program by the programmer.

Some pop-up messages can be turned of but please heed Darrollh's advice and leave them on until you are a guru. They may be a little annoying at times, but they can save your CMM and possibly your job.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
      Last edited by Schrocknroll; 07-14-2018, 06:03 AM. Reason: Miinding my manners. :)
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I will keep those pop up active for now until I get to the professional level. I have finish level 1 of the program and currently enrolled in level 2.

What industry were you a machinist in Darrollh? I was a machinist in the aerospace industry. I had switch trades due to skin (Dermatitis) problem from the coolant.

Comment

• Darrollh
          Darrollh commented
          Editing a comment
          I was a Machinist in the automotive and medical device industry. I started many years ago with a Bridgeport and moved over to Davenport and NewBritian screw machines. When I went to Con/Met, I picked up CNC on an Okuma and Doosan. I moved to CMM/Quality because the management wanted button pushers on running production. Now, I work in automotive for a midsized facility in the Carolinas.

That’s the same way how i started out in this trade. Learning to set up and operate the manual machines. Then I started working on the Makino, Haas and Mazaks. The Mazak has a language of its own so the. Implant had to send me to school for it.

Comment

• cowrevenge
          cowrevenge commented
          Editing a comment
          We got a cyborg among us now.

Also, we have an edit button.

Oops sorry for the typo. I meant to say “the company”

Comment

• Darrollh
          Darrollh commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Mazaks use Conversational Language. Okumas are somewhat like that in the fact that things are a little bit different. Much like PC-D vs Calypso
      Working...
      X