Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # Of Points for Adaptive Circle Scan

Good Morning,

New to scanning. Took level 2 back in February. Tigo getting installed next week. Upgraded offline seat from 2016 CAD to 2018 CAD++ a few weeks ago. So i'm re doing my courses offline and I'm mainly interested in Adaptive Circle Scan.

How do I control the number of points in a adpt circ scan? It looks like no matter what I change the point density to in the override dialog box, the scan path is always around 188 points. Can I control it to be 300 or 500?

Another thing is that I work with standard units and most of the course is in metric so its a little tricky converting things. Are point density and scan speed always in metric?

for the adaptive circle scan - Advanced tab, the default point density (on my machine) is 6 pts/mm if i need more i usually bump it to 60 to see what it does then play with it from there. yes the advanced tab is always in metric. hope this helps
    sigpic

Comment

• acgarcia
      acgarcia commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to be clear, 6 pts/mm means the machine will take 6 points per mm scanned?

• mckenzie
      mckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      yes exactly

if you look at the status window after the circle is measured how close to nominal was the hole? if the hole location is too far of f the nominal the probe might not be touching the wall all the way around the circle limiting the # of hits registered
    sigpic

Comment

Used this method in circle scans.

Need to calculate FILTER/DISTANCE
      Ex Diameter = 50.8
      100 arc segments
      Code:
      ASSIGN/PI = ACOS(0)*2
      ASSIGN/D1 = 50.8
      ASSIGN/C1 = PI*D1
      ASSIGN/NUM_ARCS = 100
      ASSIGN/FILTER_DISTANCE = C1/NUM_ARCS
      plug filter_distance into the scan component FILTER/DISTANCE

Hope this helps, you know today being Friday the 13th and all.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

• acgarcia
        acgarcia commented
        Editing a comment
        lol, its definitely an offline day today.
    Working...
    X