two segment TP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two segment TP

Question guys. per sketch below, I have datum C with TPØ.005BA, would it be a legit callout if I have another segment bellow TP.003B.

The intent is to isolate the location from -B- in a Z axis for the first segment, to give more angular tolerance. and have a separate tolerance to ensure that -C- is inline to -B- .
    Attached Files
    B&S One
    PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

got 20 views an not a single comment..... c'mon fellas
    B&S One
    PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

The problem I see with all of this is that your using -A- as a primary spatial to align -B- perpendicular to, but then your using -B- as a spatial to align -C- to and using A as a secondary. You can technically do this, but it's convoluted and seems unstable. I wouldn't use the axis of a -B- as a primary as it appears too small to be stable. But I have no dims. Why not use -A- as the primary and make -B- both holes. Then you could use a composite tolerance. One locating both holes to the axis of -A-, and the second tighter locating the holes to themselves.
      PC-DMIS 2015.1, SP10, CAD++
      Global 7/10/7, 5/5/5
      Renishaw PH10MQ, PH10M, TP200

Comment

Originally posted by Max Tasty View Post
        The problem I see with all of this is that your using -A- as a primary spatial to align -B- perpendicular to, but then your using -B- as a spatial to align -C- to and using A as a secondary. You can technically do this, but it's convoluted and seems unstable. I wouldn't use the axis of a -B- as a primary as it appears too small to be stable. But I have no dims. Why not use -A- as the primary and make -B- both holes. Then you could use a composite tolerance. One locating both holes to the axis of -A-, and the second tighter locating the holes to themselves.
        What Max said, except that the composite is completely unusable. Composite tolerance is for patterns of features, not for a single feature. The lower frame does jack squat in this example.

A should be primary. Then C should be measured to A|B. A|B is a fully constrained DRF.

You could have Angularity of C to B as one frame, but to get the height variable while ignoring the angle, you would need a datum that is parallel to B and C, like the top or bottom face. You can't measure only the Z height with the current information.
        "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

• WolfMan
          WolfMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Because A is such a small cylinder and a small arc it does not repeat or work very well.

• WolfMan
          WolfMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Perhaps This is a job for iterative alignment?? Not sure what its called in Calypso.

I was saying to treat both holes as a pattern.
        PC-DMIS 2015.1, SP10, CAD++
        Global 7/10/7, 5/5/5
        Renishaw PH10MQ, PH10M, TP200

Comment

• VinniUSMC
          VinniUSMC commented
          Editing a comment
          So you did. I misread. Yes, a dual B would allow for composite, but it would control the angularity tighter also. Any diametrical TP would be unable to do what wolf is asking to do.

its not a composite, its two segment TP. Also the second segment doesn't have to be diametral.
        Last edited by WolfMan; 07-13-2018, 04:52 PM.
        B&S One
        PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Working...
        X