Datapage Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datapage Option

I have been looking at Datapage and trying to determine whether or not I would like to get it. What are the pro's and con's about datapage and is it worth getting for our company.
    DEA MISTRAL
    PC DMIS CAD++
    Version 2013
    Windows 7 64bit
    DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Honestly, I wouldn't waist the money. I use it for my own personal benefit, but the company I work for only wants the data supplied in an Excel format (or any type of spreadsheet format) because they import or copy it into Mini-Tab. I like some of the options like the Target Plots that you can get out of datapage and the ability to review previous runs of parts stored in the Datapage database but it just costs too much for the amount of use we get out of it...
    Last edited by rangerboat72; 03-29-2007, 09:10 AM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar errors...
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

When you check into it - it's like the demond every option cost $$ more
      sigpic
      if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Pros:

Very easy to set up and use
        Has pretty much all of the feautures that the entry level to average statician needs (to meet customer requirements)
        The application itself is very stable

Cons:

Highly corruptable and not user friendly databasing
        Bundled with your SMA

Those are the major things, the rest is nit picky and subjective to user desires. It's strong points are solid but in my opinion they do not make up for it's weaknesses. Database problems are maddening and it apears that B&S has a blatant desire to continue to make money off a product that they have no interest in addressing the problems of. It will work for you but back up your databases daily if not more often and expect to lose data anyway. Do not expect B&S to improve it's current state.

I can not speak of it's networkability.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
          Pros:

Very easy to set up and use
          Has pretty much all of the feautures that the entry level to average statician needs (to meet customer requirements)
          The application itself is very stable

Cons:

Highly corruptable and not user friendly databasing
          Bundled with your SMA.....
          I would agree with most everything craiger_ny has said except for the fact that it is bundled with your SMA. DATAPAGE has its' own cost associated with itself. It has to be paid for extar in an SMA. I know because we do not have it included in our SMA. Craiger if that is what you meant, then I am just explaining further.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

So in other words Database is no different than PCDMIS. For some reason all the engineers do not like any format of dimensional reports that I have tried. So I was just trying to find other formats to use. Sounds to me that for the cost it is so not worth it.

Thanks for the input !
            DEA MISTRAL
            PC DMIS CAD++
            Version 2013
            Windows 7 64bit
            DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
              I would agree with most everything craiger_ny has said except for the fact that it is bundled with your SMA. DATAPAGE has its' own cost associated with itself. It has to be paid for extar in an SMA. I know because we do not have it included in our SMA. Craiger if that is what you meant, then I am just explaining further.
              Yes that is what I meant, it is an addition to your SMA and from what I understand as long as you are paying the SMA fee for the CMM then you must pay for the Datapage seat every year as well they are sepparate charges but you can't get out of it. So you can't say I want to continue my SMA for the seat of PCDMIS but not Datapage. I may need correcting on that.

An SMA for something you get no service or maintenance on is just an A, right straight up your A as a matter of fact.

Originally posted by mattfurtaw View Post
              So in other words Database is no different than PCDMIS. For some reason all the engineers do not like any format of dimensional reports that I have tried. So I was just trying to find other formats to use. Sounds to me that for the cost it is so not worth it.

Thanks for the input !
              PCDMIS is not a database, Datapage's reports are similar to what you see with PCDMIS but a little more flexable I suppose but you might just have folks that will never be happy with your reports. Have you considered a coversheet?
              Last edited by craiger_ny; 03-29-2007, 09:27 AM.

Comment

I am not sure what you mean by a coversheet ? Can you explain ?
                DEA MISTRAL
                PC DMIS CAD++
                Version 2013
                Windows 7 64bit
                DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Comment

[quote=craiger_ny;54051]Yes that is what I meant, it is an addition to your SMA and from what I understand as long as you are paying the SMA fee for the CMM then you must pay for the Datapage seat every year as well they are sepparate charges but you can't get out of it. So you can't say I want to continue my SMA for the seat of PCDMIS but not Datapage. I may need correcting on that.
                  quote]
                  We do not pay for the DATAPAGE side of the SMA. We only pay for the DMIS side of the SMA. We thought it was all inclusive but it is not, you can purchase ala carte'.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by mattfurtaw View Post
                    I am not sure what you mean by a coversheet ? Can you explain ?
                    It was a joke, re: Office Space. Good flick rent it if you have a chance.

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                    We do not pay for the DATAPAGE side of the SMA. We only pay for the DMIS side of the SMA. We thought it was all inclusive but it is not, you can purchase ala carte'.
                    OK I was wrong, I stand corrected. That is a good thing then.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                      It was a joke, re: Office Space. Good flick rent it if you have a chance.

OK I was wrong, I stand corrected. That is a good thing then.

You know it's still early. Took a bit !
                      DEA MISTRAL
                      PC DMIS CAD++
                      Version 2013
                      Windows 7 64bit
                      DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Comment