Changing to Metric

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changing to Metric

    Can anyone tell me what command changes everything to metric?

  • #2
    Dividing everything by 0.03937 or multiplying it by 25.4. You are stuck in inches brother the only time you can decide is when you create the program. Dimensions have a toggle that says IN right now that can be highlighted and changed to MM. But everything else is unchangeable.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

    Comment


    • #3
      I take it your program is already written in english?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bpennings View Post
        Can anyone tell me what command changes everything to metric?
        Nothing!

        If a program is created in ENGLISH, it stays in ENGLISH
        If it is created in METRIC, it stays in METRIC.

        HOWEVER, you can toggle the dimensions to report in either English or Metric. If the dimensions are already created, you get to do this one at a time, if they are not yet created, you can select which you want to use when you create them.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

        Comment


        • #5
          When you first start to make a new program an option comes up to use eng/met - also Wilcox site has a script to change the unit back and forth
          http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/perl/secu...trepository.pl
          sigpic
          if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

          Comment


          • #6
            When you create a new program you have that option. If you are already in an existing program and its in inches & want to go to mm you have to that option in your dimension boxes.




            [email protected] i'm slow
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

            Comment


            • #7
              DANG! Everyone jumped on this EASY one, but let a tough one get posted.........
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

              Comment


              • #8
                I am writing a new program and would like everything in metric.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                  When you first start to make a new program an option comes up to use eng/met - also Wilcox site has a script to change the unit back and forth
                  http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/perl/secu...trepository.pl
                  Tell me more about this. Have you used it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bpennings View Post
                    I am writing a new program and would like everything in metric.
                    In that case, when you go file - new there is a tick box for selecting inch or metric in the window where you enter the name - as stated above.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                      Tell me more about this. Have you used it?
                      Once or twice.. it's just for the dimensions so you don't have to edit each one
                      sigpic
                      if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Got it. I need to start over. Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          One would think that an advanced, powerful software package such as PC-DMIS would have a toggle switch somewhere. Either that or do it like when you mirror a program. Of course, they would screw something else up if they added this feature.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                            One would think that an advanced, powerful software package such as PC-DMIS would have a toggle switch somewhere. Either that or do it like when you mirror a program. Of course, they would screw something else up if they added this feature.
                            Careful, if you make them made, you won't get your bag of goodies!
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                              Careful, if you make them made, you won't get your bag of goodies!
                              I would think my post about the bag of goodies being coasters, leg levelers, frisbees or new-fangled clay pigeons would be more offensive.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X