Front and back colors for points in a pointcloud.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front and back colors for points in a pointcloud.

Hello everyone,

We recently had a new computer put in for our Romer scanning arm. The new PC is running PC-DMIS 2018 R1 versus the 2015 that was on the older laptop. I am working on scanning a part today and one thing I have noticed is that in this version the pointcloud does not have different front and back colors by default. Before it was set so the "front" of the scan showed blue and the "back" showed orange. This made is really nice when I need to scan a part all at once because it allowed me to see what areas I had to scan yet. Right now when I go around to scan the backside of the part the front pointcloud still shows blue so both sides blend together and I cannot tell where on the scan I am. I have tried looking through all of the settings and after multiple forum and google searches i have not been able to find a way to adjust this. I was hoping maybe someone out there would have the super secret answer.

Thank you

Sounds to me like the surface position is at (or close to) max on both sides of your part when earlier, the "front" side surface was at max (hence the blue color) and the backside were close to min material (hence the orange color)? You can set the pointcloud colors in the colormap settings, I believe - or maybe where you set the "regular" dimension colours.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o18 R2 SP2

Comment

Edit -> Graphic Display Window -> OpenGL..., select Twosided as Default Display for Point clouds. You may need to click on your COP command, F9, Cancel to get it repainted.
      AndersI
      SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment