Move Point Co-ordinate changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Point Co-ordinate changes

When I take a Move Point, sometimes the co-ordinates do not match where the probe is at the time. Sometimes it copies previous Move Points. Any ideas how to rectify this? Does it matter if I'm in Program mode or not?

Are you sure you curser in the edit window is after the alignment you are in? You could be creating a move point in machine co-ordinates and not part co-ordinates

Comment

Originally posted by kcassaday View Post
      When I take a Move Point, sometimes the co-ordinates do not match where the probe is at the time. Sometimes it copies previous Move Points. Any ideas how to rectify this? Does it matter if I'm in Program mode or not?

You already have your answer!

When in Program Mode (Ctrl+F4) the move point location is the on screen probe position (this is how you create move points offline) - if you split the graphics window in two you can easily enter move points this way)

Put it back in Translate Mode (Ctrl+F1) to enter move points using the jog box.

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Thanks, really appreciate it. I've learned a great deal in this forum thanks to people who are generous with their time and experience!

Comment