Offline run time VS realtime

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Offline run time VS realtime

    Can anyone give me an idea about how to relate the Offline run time to real-world run time.

    I have been asked to report run times for about 65 diferent programs (ASAP?).

    I have tried slowing down the move speed to about 10% and things seem about right... is this the best I can do or is there some constant I can use?

    I don't have much hope for this one.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

    2017 R1 (Offline programming)

  • #2
    If you KNOW the speed at which the machine DOES move, you can put in absolute move speeds in the program and that should get your timing close. BUT, I still think it will be a guess, as best. The only way you can get the exact run-time would be to run the program. I doubt that the index time for the head will be right, I don't think there is anything, anywhere that you can set for that. Touch speed and move speed are the only things that can be set for an absolute speed.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
      Can anyone give me an idea about how to relate the Offline run time to real-world run time.

      I have been asked to report run times for about 65 diferent programs (ASAP?).

      I have tried slowing down the move speed to about 10% and things seem about right... is this the best I can do or is there some constant I can use?

      I don't have much hope for this one.
      Do you know why they are asking? Are they trying figure out how many parts per hour can be checked so they can set a quota or evaluate operator performance? Either of those are bad ideas IMHO. We all know that one part can run fine but the next part may not and require the part to be set up again and the program re-started.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
        Do you know why they are asking? Are they trying figure out how many parts per hour can be checked so they can set a quota or evaluate operator performance? Either of those are bad ideas IMHO. We all know that one part can run fine but the next part may not and require the part to be set up again and the program re-started.
        Which is why I tell them twice the amout of time that I think it will take.
        sigpic

        B&S Global 544
        Using 3.7mr3


        Peace
        Greg


        Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gregl View Post
          Which is why I tell them twice the amout of time that I think it will take.
          The ol' Scotty ploy eh?
          Lately, it occurs to me
          What a long, strange trip it's been.

          2017 R1 (Offline programming)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
            Can anyone give me an idea about how to relate the Offline run time to real-world run time.

            I have been asked to report run times for about 65 diferent programs (ASAP?).

            I have tried slowing down the move speed to about 10% and things seem about right... is this the best I can do or is there some constant I can use?

            I don't have much hope for this one.
            Are they existing programs? What you can do is go to Datapage and see
            what time is between every transaction.
            Don't forget to add up set up time, probe calibration and coffe break
            sigpicIt's corona time!
            737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

            Comment

            Related Topics

            Collapse

            • DaddyBluto
              Machine Speed
              by DaddyBluto
              I just got off a conference call with one of our customers and they were complaining about the speed of our programs. I run at 60% in the program and...
              01-24-2007, 02:55 PM
            • gsepan
              Machine Speed
              by gsepan
              Hope this isn't a stupid question but...

              How fast do you folks run your machine? I know certain machines can move faster then others so...
              06-30-2006, 12:37 PM
            • 1CMM4ME
              Machine speed and touch speed?
              by 1CMM4ME
              Yea, I know it's somewhere in the threads, but I have looked for an hour and have not found what people generally run their machines at and their touch...
              09-09-2008, 09:24 PM
            • GomoFazter
              MoveSpeed vs Acceleration
              by GomoFazter
              Does anyone know if these values need to be matched in some manner? For no reason I always keep them the same and don't know why.
              The set of XYZ...
              05-25-2016, 10:38 AM
            • eric_451@hotmail.com
              Slow Machine
              by [email protected]
              !Yet another newbie question!
              We just updated to v.4.2. Since that time my machine has been moving much slower than it was. Is there a speed setting...
              10-02-2007, 04:49 PM
            Working...
            X