Offline run time VS realtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline run time VS realtime

Can anyone give me an idea about how to relate the Offline run time to real-world run time.

I have been asked to report run times for about 65 diferent programs (ASAP?).

I have tried slowing down the move speed to about 10% and things seem about right... is this the best I can do or is there some constant I can use?

I don't have much hope for this one.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

If you KNOW the speed at which the machine DOES move, you can put in absolute move speeds in the program and that should get your timing close. BUT, I still think it will be a guess, as best. The only way you can get the exact run-time would be to run the program. I doubt that the index time for the head will be right, I don't think there is anything, anywhere that you can set for that. Touch speed and move speed are the only things that can be set for an absolute speed.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
      Can anyone give me an idea about how to relate the Offline run time to real-world run time.

I have tried slowing down the move speed to about 10% and things seem about right... is this the best I can do or is there some constant I can use?

Do you know why they are asking? Are they trying figure out how many parts per hour can be checked so they can set a quota or evaluate operator performance? Either of those are bad ideas IMHO. We all know that one part can run fine but the next part may not and require the part to be set up again and the program re-started.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
        Do you know why they are asking? Are they trying figure out how many parts per hour can be checked so they can set a quota or evaluate operator performance? Either of those are bad ideas IMHO. We all know that one part can run fine but the next part may not and require the part to be set up again and the program re-started.
        Which is why I tell them twice the amout of time that I think it will take.
        sigpic

B&S Global 544
        Using 3.7mr3

Peace
        Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

Originally posted by Gregl View Post
          Which is why I tell them twice the amout of time that I think it will take.
          The ol' Scotty ploy eh?
          Lately, it occurs to me
          What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post

Are they existing programs? What you can do is go to Datapage and see
            what time is between every transaction.
            Don't forget to add up set up time, probe calibration and coffe break
            sigpicIt's corona time!
            737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment