Z-Axis Chip Rate Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-Axis Chip Rate Error

I was running a part program this morning and it came up with an error that I have never seen. CMM ERRORS: TR_FG008;Z Axis Chip Rate Error.
    and then it says to move to an absoule x,y,z.
    It comes up with an emergency error on the screen and if I hold machine start, I can get the desired print out, but in order to clear the emergency, I have to reboot the computer and the controller.
    Any tips, suggestions?
    Thanks

Try cleaning your scales with alchohol....
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

But all the other part programs run after the re-boot. It is just a group of parts that uses the same fixture.

Comment

Originally posted by MFCguy View Post
        But all the other part programs run after the re-boot. It is just a group of parts that uses the same fixture.

It could be were the certain fixture is located and the encoder does not pass over it till then. My suggestion is clean your scales.
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by MFCguy View Post
          You may find that if you run that same program again - several times - it won't error. Then out of the blue, it will give the error again. Go with what Bob says. Otherwise, it will start giving the error more and more frequently until you can't even get the thing to home when you first start it.

Comment

It seems to me that your system is starting to develop a problem. Scale is the most likely culprit. Clean it or have it re-aligned.

Jan.
            PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
            Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment