More Improved Hexa-website Problems (Vision Interface & metronics.dll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Improved Hexa-website Problems (Vision Interface & metronics.dll)

Hello!

I'm attempting to download the Vision interface for an Optiv CMM. Our portlock is programmed for Metronics, and the default install (of PC-DMIS 2014 SP2 using an Offline Portlock) does not install the metronics.dll file I need. Before I was able to find it on the Hex download page, as xxxVision Interfacexxx.exe where xxx is random garbage.

As you've probably read on a couple posts.. it is no longer as straightforward.
    Do I have to submit a case to download it? I've created an account on the site, I really just can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough?

Furthermore, it's not on the Wilcox ftp site, which was strange. I downloaded 2014 from there, but I couldn't find the vision interface. I'd much rather have gone that route anyways, but alas...

Perhaps someone can help me out?

A Software Support Portal link https://www.hexagonmi.com/en-US/prod...tware-for-cmms keeps taking me to the HxGN LIVE page.

Ads over support? No thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yikes! That is wrong! If my window is 'normal' sized, I see this bad HxGNLive link, but on my bigger monitor I get the correct link. Very strange.

I am chasing the bad link down and getting it fixed. It's going to take a day or so.

There is a new support website at https://support.hexagonmi.com which replaces the old support.hexagonmetrology.us / parature website. The s6.parature.com work-around is a transient that will go away when Microsoft is finished shutting down their parature product.

• InspectorJester
      InspectorJester commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting!
      The file I needed was not on the support website, which is why I had to go the parature route. I lost it eventually, but was able to get in contact with a Hex-a-Rep to get the files I needed.
      Glad to hear things are being worked on; I know how "in-process" anything can cause tons of issues, and I haven't experience much beyond this.
      Keep it up

Originally posted by InspectorJester View Post
    Hello!

I'm attempting to download the Vision interface for an Optiv CMM. Our portlock is programmed for Metronics, and the default install (of PC-DMIS 2014 SP2 using an Offline Portlock) does not install the metronics.dll file I need.
    Why are you installing with an offline portlock for use as an online system? Do you not have an online license?

Comment

Don Ruggieri I'm using an offline portlock to install an offline license; I guess I'm not sure on the procedure? I'm trying to get Vision to work, and our Offline dongle is programmed for Metronics.

EDIT:
      I have two licenses, an Online and an Offline, both are for Vision.
      When I did this initially, I had to install the vision interface extra crud to get it to work with vision offline. I would have just done the same thing, but now I can't find it :P

EDIT 2:
      For extra clarification, the Offline portlock is (currently) installed in a laptop that I'm working on to get PC-DMIS installed.
      The Online portlock is installed in a desktop connected to our Optiv.
      Last edited by InspectorJester; 06-07-2018, 08:12 AM.

Comment

https://s6.parature.com/ics/support/...?folderID=3485
        Found it

Comment

Glad you found it, and thank you for explaining the logic behind your request, now it makes sense.

Comment

Verified.... that software support link does take one to a HexLive promo page. Sad. Probably best to use the Support link atop this Forum.
            But as Don mentioned, glad you found the missing link to fix your Vision issue, Jester....
            And one more thing.......
            Have said once, so will say 1000 times. Since my adventures into the world of Optiv? I've come to realize that PC-DMIS VISION is the red-headed stepchild of the Hexagon family.
            Problems in the Demon seem to get magnified () 10X within Vision........most notable being the .dll merry-go-round and the ridiculous Auto Profile 2D..........
            Obviously the fault of Mycrona and the Precitec CHRocodile
            BUT! to remain positive about the Hexagon Vision product...... how's about releasing THIS in 2019?? Am sure Hexagon has the $$$ to gobble up this current competition.

2019.PNG
            Last edited by sealevel; 06-07-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sealevel View Post
              Verified.... that software support link does take one to a HexLive promo page. Sad. Probably best to use the Support link atop this Forum.
              But as Don mentioned, glad you found the missing link to fix your Vision issue, Jester....
              And one more thing.......
              Have said once, so will say 1000 times. Since my adventures into the world of Optiv? I've come to realize that PC-DMIS VISION is the red-headed stepchild of the Hexagon family.
              Problems in the Demon seem to get magnified () 10X within Vision........most notable being the .dll merry-go-round and the ridiculous Auto Profile 2D..........
              Obviously the fault of Mycrona and the Precitec CHRocodile
              BUT! to remain positive about the Hexagon Vision product...... how's about releasing THIS in 2019?? Am sure Hexagon has the $$$ to gobble up this current competition.

2019.PNG

I like the idea.

The link? That takes you into the HexLive crud? It's basically supposed to be on a lower panel, but whomever coded it made it too big. I went into the HTML and deleted that node, and I was able to click the software support whatever link..
              Only to find out it's broken!

Lol.

The other link goes to PC-DMIS interface v.XXX, and there are like 5 of them.
              I had to download all of them, and attempt to run each one to find out what version it was for (which I did by going as far as selecting where to copy the files to, and looking at what year one of the folders was labeled).

I bet their programmers are top notch, but the sites could use some work...

I notice the problems you describe.
              Everything gets a bit wonky if the vision is used too much. Honestly though, I'm pretty sure it's my version; 2013MR1. I think I can go all the way up to 2015, but I'm wary because it barely works as it is before throwing that wrench in the mix!

Comment

Update:
                Recently bricked the new laptop..
                One factory reset & reinstall later, I've gotta download the interface again.
                Lo and behold, the link doesn't work.
                After quite some time looking for it a-friggen-gain I've decided to post the wonky workaround.
                I have to go to google.com, and search "pc-dmis software version", and I'll eventually find a link, PC-DMIS Software Versions and Releases, at one s6.parature.com.
                From there, somewhere on the right is a downloads tab. Click that, and it will say to sign in to view all whatevers. So once you do that, it takes you to the site I showed above, where the files can be downloaded.
                Hopefully.

An interesting fix, to say the least. But hopefully helpful to those that get lost in the web

Comment

• InspectorJester
                  InspectorJester commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No where in any of this post does it mention this is connected to a coordinate measuring machine machine.