Angles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angles

I have a part that has a bolt circle around a 1.21 hole. The hole is clocked to Y+ and the holes around my circle are -63°, -93°, 42°, 72°, 177°, 207° I have made 3d lines from the 6 holes to the center of my 1.21 hole and tried to measure an angle to Y+ which doesn't give me a believable angle. I also tried to get an angle from the circles to Y+ and also from line to line and can't get believable readings.
    If I rotate my alignment Y+ matches up with my lines in the graphic display. How do you measure angles?

PC-DMIS CAD++4.0
    Attached Files

Y-PLUS must be your first named axis for this to work. Also are you set to 360° OR 180°.

Comment

I have it set for 360. I set my 1.21 circle to Z 0 and now the angles are comming out closer.

Thanks for taking a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamlight View Post
        I have it set for 360. I set my 1.21 circle to Z 0 and now the angles are comming out closer.

Thanks for taking a look.
        you'll need z-zero and one more zero. on there

Comment

If you are not interested in the 3d angle I would just use 2d lines. It also looks like you are using the Y-Plus work plane. If you change to the Z-Plus workplane your 2d lines will be projected onto the Z plane making evaluation of the angle much simpler.

Eric Hollenbeck

Comment