Xactmeasure, Primary Datum as spatial but not origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xactmeasure, Primary Datum as spatial but not origin

Is there any way to get Xactmeasure to use the primary datum to level to but not as the origin? I realize I can create an offset plane using the primary and either input a distance or choose a feature for the offset but wasn't sure if I could do it directly in Xact.

And on that topic... how would you call out a primary datum on a drawing that is derived from 2 features, one being a top plane and the other being a hole as origin on the side of the part where the origin follows the hole location, not a basic distance from the plane?

Hope that made sense.
    PC-DMIS 2015.1, SP10, CAD++
    Global 7/10/7, 5/5/5
    Renishaw PH10MQ, PH10M, TP200

Max Go to the help file, and Read up on that there it explains it pretty good. You will have to choose Custom.

Capture.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    Capture2.JPG

Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 05-31-2018, 09:46 AM.
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• DJAMS
      DJAMS commented
      Editing a comment
      You know it isn't hard to get rid of all the highlighting before you screnshot, Kirby.

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      DJAMS yeah, I leave at 4:00 and as you see posted that at 3:47, so I wasn't worried about making it pretty

Thanks, Kirbster! I'll read up on it. Didn't realize I could create my own.

Cheers! ice-cold-beer-2.jpg Have a great holiday!
    Global 7/10/7, 5/5/5

Comment

No love from the Demon. I am unable to choose certain combinations of features and degrees of freedom in the Custom DRF. For example, I have a plane, plane, cylinder. I want to level Z to the plane, rotate and origin to the second plane, and 2 origins on the cylinder. No go. Even if I put the cylinder as my secondary it will not allow it to be used as the Z origin. The help says all DOF left can be applied to the next datums. What gives?

Custom_DRF.jpg

Global 7/10/7, 5/5/5

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        I do have a question for ya. Is the cylinder perpendicular to G or is it Parallel?

I believe you're exactly where you want to be. Provided that you're aligned/origined to the datum features.

Look again at the last sentence of the paragraph beneath the graphic in the help file screenshot kirby posted. As soon as you uncheck a dof, it defaults to alignment origin, and no longer appears as a choice in the drf.

I disagree strongly with this software design decision. I feel that all the dof's constrained by a datum should be listed after that datum. As it stands, the fcf shown on report will just cause a ton of explaining. I like your line of thinking much better.

Comment

First of all don't try setting your origins according to your layout, and maybe work backwards. Your tertiary will only control X and Y. "Z" will only occupy the Primary or secondary. You need to look at it like your applying it to the part, not how you lay it on the table. Max Tasty

Capture3.JPG

Capture.jpg

also primary datum to be leveled to Z+ and secondary rotated X+ you got to follow the rules
        Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 06-01-2018, 08:14 AM.
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)

Comment

My apologies, Update, Z will work in any location of the FCF. All degrees must correspond with the layout. My first example was determined on how it was called out. If it can work it will work. Sorry

Capture.JPG

Comment

• VinniUSMC
            VinniUSMC commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you mean that you cannot select Z anywhere in the FCF at all?

• KIRBSTER269
            KIRBSTER269 commented
            Editing a comment
            No. It's just a pain in the a_s_s to orientate. In order to pick the origins and constrainments. You have to free them up, but you also can't leave one blank. Which means that you have to occupy it with a constraint or origin which could effect the other callouts. It can be tricky as h_e_l_l It can be done it is just like a rubiks cube, trying to get the colors lined up. VinniUSMC

• KIRBSTER269
            KIRBSTER269 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I'll just stick with having the customers fix their print, if I was to ever encounter something like that. Fighting with them seems way easier.