Help! PCDMIS 2011 MR1 Graphics display window disappears while doing a manual pickup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help! PCDMIS 2011 MR1 Graphics display window disappears while doing a manual pickup?

    Has anyone had this happen to them?

    Programs were running normally, but now the graphics window is no longer visible (showing cad and where to take manual hits) when running the manual pickup part of a program.

    Once you are done with the manual pickup, the graphics display window shows back up while running the rest of the program.

    We have a lot of diff operators, so unless the operator knows exactly how the part was originally picked up, they have to try and guess how to pick up the parts now.

    I'm assuming this is just some setting that got toggled off, but I did not see anything.

    Thanks for the help

    Jay

  • #2
    try checking to see if the graphics display is ticked under view in the menu bar.
    trice
    4.3 mr1

    Comment


    • #3
      Whenever I hear a strange behavior like this, especially graphics related, the first thing that comes to mind is the user folder. This is where all the screen and toolbar layouts, settings, colors, etc are stored. You should back it up, and then go to the Settings Editor and do a Reset User (NOT Reset Product).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by trice View Post
        try checking to see if the graphics display is ticked under view in the menu bar.
        Yes it is. That was the first thing i checked.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
          Whenever I hear a strange behavior like this, especially graphics related, the first thing that comes to mind is the user folder. This is where all the screen and toolbar layouts, settings, colors, etc are stored. You should back it up, and then go to the Settings Editor and do a Reset User (NOT Reset Product).
          I have never tried to do a Reset User. I have only used the settings editor to bring in our saved config files.

          Where might I find this "user folder"?

          Comment


          • #6
            Whoops - wrong answer. Ignore this...


            It's the (normally hidden by Windows) folder C:\ProgramData\WAI\PC-DMIS\2011 (I think. In later versions it's C:\ProgramData\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\...)
            Last edited by AndersI; 05-18-2018, 12:31 PM.
            AndersI
            SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dunebuggyjay View Post

              I have never tried to do a Reset User. I have only used the settings editor to bring in our saved config files.

              Where might I find this "user folder"?
              C:\Users\,your name here>\AppData\Local\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\2018 R1

              Where your name is the login account name, and of course the PC-DMIS version at the end.

              Comment


              • #8
                Where is your cursor located in the program when you run it?
                Are your manual alignment feature nominals (THEO) correct?
                Did you use CAD=PART for your alignment?
                Hit CTRL-Z once you start the program, then use the 'box' to zoom in on the cad model
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                Comment


                • #9
                  2 things....
                  1) 2011 was not (IMHO) one of Hexagons better efforts. but since was running OK....
                  2) Did someone jasper the setting 'Use Program Layout for Execution" in Preferences|Setup ??

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X