Plane-Plane-Circle Alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane-Plane-Circle Alignment

Hey Guys, What are your thoughts on the best way to align the datum reference frame for the attached part? Thanks
    Attached Files

Plane -A- level and Z origin, Line -B- +Y rotate and X origin, Circle -C- Y origin
    PC-DMIS 2015.1, SP10, CAD++
    Global 7/10/7, 5/5/5
    Renishaw PH10MQ, PH10M, TP200

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your like an alignment genius

• Max Tasty
      Max Tasty commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a gift. Took years of training to get to this skill level. You think I should write a white paper on it?

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would definitely read that.

Originally posted by Max Tasty View Post
    Plane -A- level and Z origin, Line -B- +Y rotate and X origin, Circle -C- Y origin
    Thanks,

Do you know if that how XactMeasure evaluates it? I measured -B- as a plane, but thats because there is a perp callout to -A- as well.

Comment

• VinniUSMC
      VinniUSMC commented
      Editing a comment
      You should be fine defining B as a plane for Xact. Just try it out and see what it does.

Don't use "-" in the feature names !!!!!
    If you measure B as a plane (which is a good idea !), you will create the alignment with the plane vector, not with the intersection (or you will have to create the intersection line).

Comment

• Max Tasty
      Max Tasty commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're talking about my post I used them to designate the datums to the OP, not that they should name their features that. But thanks for the reminder in case they didn't know that!

• rrowsam
      rrowsam commented
      Editing a comment
      What wrong with the "-" ?

• VinniUSMC
      VinniUSMC commented
      Editing a comment
      PC-DMIS uses the hypen as a minus sign. It can get confused and screw things up. Most editable fields in PC-DMIS are capable of using math operators. So, using math operators is bad, unless you mean to use them as math operators.

As VinniUSMC said, leveling -A- as Z+ can be interpreted as a Z-...
    There's a thread about it (last week, not too old), where the problem was irregular, so hard to fix !!!

Comment

Working...
    X