Specifing a Rotation Matrix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specifing a Rotation Matrix?

Im trying to Rotate a CAD model (v4.1) by inputing a specified rotation matrix.

After fiddle farting around with the "tool" for about an hour I have my model almost where it needs to be. I got it thus far by measuring angles and features off the freshly imported cad model, and then rotation each access by the specified measured result. This method however had a point of diminishing capability, since the Angle dimension only goes out to 5 decimal places, and the final move was somewhere in between. (The measured angles all report as 0 currently)

The CAD rotation required all 3 axis to be rotated.

The current vectors of the Plane I want to Level my CAD Z axis to are now:
    "-0.0000001, 0, 0.9999999999999951"

Ideally I would like to get these to:
    "0, 0, 1"

Whats the trick to calucating the ortho rotation matrix so I can get rid of my last bit of error out of my CAD rotation?
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

Found a method to at least get a higher resolution from the dimension of an angle.

1st - You have to create a generic feature first.
    2nd -Reference the Angle dimension result within the generic feature.
    3rd - Hover your mouse pointer over the reference variable in the generic feature. (you then get 16 decimal points)

Plugged that number into the transformation tool and it didnt do anything. (As in it ignored the value)

So I added 1 degree plus the deviation. It then recalculated the model.

Lastly ran the transform tool once more but subtracted 1 degree. And now its perfect.
    Last edited by MrComment; 04-17-2007, 12:34 PM.
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    sigpic

Comment

What's that PC DMIS User Foru... at the bottom of your attachment? Is that the new customer service button?

Comment

Isnt it amazing the number of hoops you have to go through for some of the stupidest crap...
        Mr. Comment
        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
        sigpic

Comment