Graphical Analysis Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphical Analysis Options

I have looked everywhere and tried everthing I can think of but I didn't find an answer. This would be for a surface profile created using points and constructed set. The options are all checked and greyed out for All Dimensions except for Show min/max deviation and Sow grid. It will not let me change the four opition about. This is only happening with this one program. Also this is the first time I have tried using the graphical analysis option since the Service pack 8 update for 2017 R1 not sure if this could be part of the problem, more than like it is something I did or did not do. Whatever that was I can't figure out how to undo or do.
    Any suggestions would help my sanity at this point.
    Thanks

Here is a snap shot of what I am encountering. All I want are the arrows showing, none of the tolerance lines or point to point lines. Also if you look the trihedron doesn't show up in the analysis window as it would if it was displaying properly. Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

Graphic Analysis.JPG

Comment

I don't have any solid suggestions, buy am wondering if maybe this program has wireframe mode on instead of surface mode. Something silly like that - which really shouldn't matter anyways.

Sure is frustrating to get bogged down by something like this isn't it?

Comment

How about deleting the offending GA and trying again. OR since it's only THIS program, shell the program.
        That said, I think we have another recruit for the "Please Improve the GA 'cause it drives us nuts" gang.

Comment

Did you select a dimension before viewing the Analysis Window? When I view the window without selecting a dimension first I get the same greyed out look, but if I select the dimension first it works as expected.

If this doesn't help, walk us through the steps of how you got to that point. Sometimes there are several ways to get to a certain window or dialogue box and it can change the available options.
          PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• EmilySue
            EmilySue commented
            Editing a comment
            To be clear... I like your post... I dislike that the order we click on things sometimes changes what we see or get. :-/

• NinjaBadger
            NinjaBadger commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that's just silly. Of course the order we do things does (and should matter). It's a piece of software , not a magical box of mind-reading tricks.

• EmilySue
            EmilySue commented
            Editing a comment
            But if you are going to a certain window that describes a certain feature or function, shouldn't it always show the same information? (or did I miss the NinjaBadger sarcasm?)

& why can't PC-DMIS learn to read my mind?!? I have to learn to read it's mind!!!

:-)

Thanks all for your feedback. I at this point I have to work on afew new programs but will come back to this offender hopefully later this week.

Comment