Measure-spher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measure-spher

USEING PC-DMIUS 3.7 WHAT THE BEST WAY TO MEASURE A SRHER RADIUS ON A 45 DEG ANGLE

As an Autosphere. You will need to adjust the start stop angles and the angle vectors to control where the hits fall.

Or if you feel up to crunching the trig for vectors you could take vector points and construct a sphere from them

Either of these methods will work well if you have enough of the spherical radius and/or it is big enough. HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

The vectors for 45 degrees are +/- .7071068. You'll need to control these according to the axis that the sphere is tipped along. If it's tipped in the positive direction of the axis then the vector will be positive. If it's tipped away from the positive axis direction then the vector will be negative. You can mix positive and negative as well. If the sphere is tipped along the positive X and negative Y the vectors will be .7071068 for I and - .7071068 for J. You may have to play with it to get them correct.

Bill

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• PowerJunkie
        cal sphere vectors
        by PowerJunkie
        Have my vectors been wrong all along? I know I'm going to catch **** for asking this but oh well here goes...

My cal sphere sits on the...
        04-06-2009, 11:45 AM
      • claude
        Vector direction
        by claude
        I am just learning PCDMIS and I have a question about the Vector directions. Is the IJK different in different working planes?

Thanks,...
        08-05-2007, 11:59 PM
      • Cookie
        Sphere
        by Cookie
        Hey,

I have not used the sphere feature beforeand I must be getting my vectors messed up.

I have attached a file showing...
        01-14-2010, 11:29 AM
      • Rob Knoerlein
        vector question
        by Rob Knoerlein
        In relation to my post a few posts down........Rob Knoerlein-circular part with 8 legs.. If I am rotated 90/135 and tracking to hit a feature ( in this...
        07-08-2008, 01:28 PM
        Auto Spheres
        by Guest
        Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I click on cad to measure a sphere (out) and try to measure it and it crashes. What am I not doing...
        09-10-2008, 09:09 AM
      Working...
      X