Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check feature

V3.7MR3

Does PC-DMIS have anything like a "Go Check" feature. I have looked and looked and cannot find anything. I used on in GeoMeasure and I would use it in a loop statement to find a part or a small feature (slot or groove) that was known to move a round.

TIA

Duane
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

There is "FIND HOLE" in autofeatures. That might be what you are looking for.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

No... I use find hole all of the time. I am looking for something to use with a vector point. May be best suited to use end/if and offsetting zero?
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

Can you give us a better description of what you are trying to find?

Comment

I've got a part with a .056" wide slot in it and I'm trying to measure it with a .039" ruby.

I wanted to be able to go check for it's position. The go check in GeoMeasure would allow, based the variables and the end/if statement entered, let the probe peck across a surface until it would pass thru the workplane/location and then it would stop looking and go to the next line of feature code.
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

Does the slot have ends or is it all the way across the part. If it has ends and one end at least remains in about the same position, find hole might work for you if you limit the angles it checks. Then, you would use the center of that circle as the location of the center of the slot.

Other options I can think of but haven't tried... do a line of points across the face spaced evenly. Then, write some code to figure out which point is lowest and use that as the location for the center of the slot. Chekc distance would need to be set so that it would hit the bottom of the slot. Sounds like something you could do with a loop - maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
              V3.7MR3

Does PC-DMIS have anything like a "Go Check" feature. I have looked and looked and cannot find anything. I used on in GeoMeasure and I would use it in a loop statement to find a part or a small feature (slot or groove) that was known to move a round.

TIA

Duane
              When I have a feature (hole, slot) that moves around, instead of using
              FIND HOLE I select READ POSITION.

CMM stops right before checking the feature and prompts you to place
              the probe in the center, press OK and done deal

It also gives you the option of learning the new location or leave
              as is.
              sigpicIt's corona time!
              737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
                I've got a part with a .056" wide slot in it and I'm trying to measure it with a .039" ruby.

I wanted to be able to go check for it's position. The go check in GeoMeasure would allow, based the variables and the end/if statement entered, let the probe peck across a surface until it would pass thru the workplane/location and then it would stop looking and go to the next line of feature code.
                You can do exactly this pretty easily with the ONERROR command. If its a very shallow slot and ONERROR/MissedProbeHit wont do the trick, you can test the point location in a DO / UNTIL loop to look for the drop. Exit the loop when the value along the hit vector drops.

Read position (above) is also a great solution, but isn't fully automated if you need that.

Comment