Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable/Script help

SOLVED: See post #8. Thanks dph51

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Original Post--->

​​​​​​​2017 R2 CAD++ Latest Release...

I have a part with three holes. The print doesn't give me a true position or even a linear dimension because that would be too easy. It just wants me to ensure that the wall thickness in the x direction from hole to hole is "TYP 0.03 TOTAL". How would you go about reporting this? I have the holes and the planes on the "X+" and "X-" side of each hole measured already just not sure what to do next. My customer is in China & they're very unresponsive. When I do talk to them its like talking to a wall of confusion and despair.

At nominal, distance from wall to hole (less the radius..essentially a caliper check...) is 0.218".

Thanks all,
    -Dan

Image-1.jpg
    Last edited by DAN_M; 04-04-2018, 02:12 PM.
    SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

I would just take a hit on the side of each hole and each wall and measure the distance between the two points, 6 times.

Comment

2-D distance, no rad, minus rad or plus rad, whichever looks better
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks guys but they dont want the position, they want to know that the deviation of the holes from nominal, wherever they may lie, are within 0.03 of one another. This is a waterjetted blank that still has plenty of stock still on

How would I tolerance that?
        SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post
          Thanks guys but they dont want the position, they want to know that the deviation of the holes from nominal, wherever they may lie, are within 0.03 of one another. This is a waterjetted blank that still has plenty of stock still on

How would I tolerance that?
          Do they have a tolerance block that says what the tolerance is at 2 decimal places?

Comment

• DAN_M
            DAN_M commented
            Editing a comment
            No they don't.

• DAN_M
            DAN_M commented
            Editing a comment
            Please see my post#7 below

I would measure all 3 spots for each hole. output only min and max of each 3x pattern. Tolerance the two values to the limits as (hopefully) defined in title block or notes. repeat 6x

since you said waterjetted, I'm guessing the current hole is thru, not threaded, correct? man if it was tapered, threaded or anything else compounding the form of that hole, this would suck.

Comment

• DAN_M
            DAN_M commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct. Hole is through, not threaded. This is just a rough profiling op.

I am reporting min and max but they don't want that. They want to know that whatever the dimension measures in six places...if you plotted those 12 data points..that the distance from the highest and lowest deviation will not exceed 0.03

I believe reporting this would be accomplished by using an array but I do not understand how to set them up.

So I guess what I'm really asking is..

Code:
          DIM DIST9= 2D DISTANCE FROM CIRCLE CIR4 TO PLANE PLN3_POS1 PAR TO   XAXIS,SUB_RADIUS  UNITS=IN,$
          GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=NONE
          AX    NOMINAL       +TOL       -TOL        MAX        MIN        DEV     OUTTOL
          M       0.2185     0.0150     0.0150     0.2185     0.2185     0.0000     0.0000 ----#----
          DIM DIST10= 2D DISTANCE FROM CIRCLE CIR4 TO PLANE PLN4_POS1 PAR TO   XAXIS,SUB_RADIUS  UNITS=IN,$
          M       0.2185     0.0150     0.0150     0.2185     0.2185     0.0000     0.0000 ----#----
          DIM DIST11= 2D DISTANCE FROM CIRCLE CIR3 TO PLANE PLN5_POS1 PAR TO   XAXIS,SUB_RADIUS  UNITS=IN,$
          DIM DIST12= 2D DISTANCE FROM CIRCLE CIR3 TO PLANE PLN6_POS1 PAR TO   XAXIS,SUB_RADIUS  UNITS=IN,$
          DIM DIST13= 2D DISTANCE FROM CIRCLE CIR2 TO PLANE PLN7_POS1 PAR TO   XAXIS,SUB_RADIUS  UNITS=IN,$
          DIM DIST14= 2D DISTANCE FROM CIRCLE CIR2 TO PLANE PLN8_POS1 PAR TO   XAXIS,SUB_RADIUS  UNITS=IN,$
          M       0.2185     0.0150     0.0150     0.2185     0.2185     0.0000
          Looking at the above, how would I set up an array that would look at the min and max values and tell me whether or not the difference between my highest and lowest value doesn't exceed 0.03?

Comment

Something like........l

Code:
            ASSIGN/V1 = ARRAY(DIST9.MEAS,DIST10.MEAS,DIST11.MEAS,DIST12.MEAS,DIST13,MEAS,DIST14.MEAS)
            ASSIGN/V2 = MAX(V1)-MIN(V1)

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

• DAN_M
              DAN_M commented
              Editing a comment
              This is what I ultimately did and this made my office stop crying:

Code:
                          ASSIGN/V1=ARRAY(DIST9.MEAS,DIST10.MEAS,DIST11.MEAS,DIST12.MEAS,DIST13.MEAS,DIST14.MEAS)
                          ASSIGN/V2=MAX(V1)-MIN(V1)
                          ASSIGN/V3="Walls are typ to one another within "+V2
                          COMMENT/REPT,
                          V3
              Thank you for the info, I will try that as well

• bfire85
              bfire85 commented
              Editing a comment
              DAN_M Now I understand what you wanted. lol Is it Friday yet? Glad you got what you were looking for.

• DAN_M
              DAN_M commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks @bfire85

Friday is getting closer!!

If max ends up on left side, naturally, min will end up on right.
            Taking Max - Min distances from center of the hole will double the measured value of slot offset from hole center.
            This might make good parts look bad, really quick.
            off center.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

• DAN_M
              DAN_M commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm 0.160" total stock +. I definitely understand what you're saying but honestly I'm not concerned for this particular project =P

• DAN_M
              DAN_M commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh yeah and I changed it from MAX & MIN..I'm pulling the array values out of the ".meas" column now.