PDF File Wont Save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF File Wont Save

Hey, all of a sudden none of our programs will save the PDF file it did the night before. Has anyone ran into this? the RTF saves fine, but the filesize is like 10 times as big. I really need the PDF's

I'm at a loss. the print setup looks fine to me, drives aren't full.
    David Monroe
    Is there any way to stop the infernal beeping!?

3.5 MR2
    Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Is the PATH screwed up, not right, no longer in existance, etc.?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

yes, thats fine. It's saving the RTF's in the same directory. I did however try another directory, with no avail.
      David Monroe

3.5 MR2
      Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Comment

Did someone instlal something they shouldn't have or un-install something? Like IE7? Or, some other application that uses a PDF writer, then un-install it so they woulnd't get 'caught' with non-work-related software on the PC? What PDF writer do you use? IS it set correctly? Do you have CutePDF Writer? It works like a printer (you select it like a print), but I am not sure if that would work for the 'report', I know it does for the graphics.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Unsure what happened, I've looked in the add/remove programs list, and the program files directory itself, I can't find anything called 'CutePDF Writer' or similar. What is normally installed with 3.5MR2? I don't think we installed anything other than what was on the software CD. The other CMM will print with same program. It HAS to be on this PC somewhere somehow.
          David Monroe

3.5 MR2
          Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Comment

I run 3.5 mr2 and have had printer issues in the past. What i've had to do in the past is make sure everything is correct & turned on ( printerwise, filewise) and then re-boot the puter....no rhyme or reason why it did it...it just did it.
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Tried all that.... I think matt may be correct, there may be a PDF writer issue..
              David Monroe

3.5 MR2
              Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Comment

most likely the gremlin got in and sent it away. i use primo PDF and again it works like a printer, just click on print & pick it.

Comment

18MB for a RTF file, the IT guys are gonna SCREAM..... still havn't figured it out. I wonder if a call to B&S would help..
                  David Monroe

3.5 MR2
                  Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Comment

David Did you try rebooting the machine?
                    That sometimes chases the gremlims away.
                    Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

We have four CMM's. Three running PC-DMIS 3.7MR2 in various degrees, and one running 4.1. The 4.1 makes PDF's w/o problems, one 3.7 makes five good than one jibberish then five good..., the other two don't do it at all (just momentary lockups w/o results).

All have PC-DMIS PDF Converter installed under printers, and is the only reference to PDF's aside from Acrobat reader on the system.

Annoying as ****.

Tom

Comment

I'll call the tech support, and if the unlikleyhood of getting a favorable result would happen, I'll post it here.
                        David Monroe

3.5 MR2
                        Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Comment