Profile Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Help

I have a flat part that is a curvy shape. The callout on the perimeter is Profile of a surface to 0.1MM to A and B. I undertand the GD&T part of it, I just am confused as to the best way to dimension it. I have a 2D CAD file of the part. In the past I have done it a couple of different ways, and a fellow programmer has done it a different way as well.

My question is this, what's the best way to measure and dimension this callout? I am using PCDMIS CAD so I cannot scan the outside of the part. (That is what I wanted to do, but I cannot)

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
    I have a flat part that is a curvy shape. The callout on the perimeter is Profile of a surface to 0.1MM to A and B. I undertand the GD&T part of it, I just am confused as to the best way to dimension it. I have a 2D CAD file of the part. In the past I have done it a couple of different ways, and a fellow programmer has done it a different way as well.

My question is this, what's the best way to measure and dimension this callout? I am using PCDMIS CAD so I cannot scan the outside of the part. (That is what I wanted to do, but I cannot)

Thanks in advance.
    Can you take trim edge points all around and construct a feature set. Recall profile (form and location)?
    My 2 cents.
    sigpicIt's corona time!
    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Like Roberto stated.
      Edge points or if the surface is stable enought, vector points.
      Then create a set from these points and dimension the set as a surface profile, form and location (+/- 1/2 of your profile requirement).
      Last edited by John Riggins; 03-17-2007, 04:53 PM.
      Lately, it occurs to me
      What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Being a 2D CAD model, I cannot do vector points. But, the other operator does take DCC hits on the CAD, then probes the part and then creates a feature set and then dimensions the profile.

I've measured the indivdual features (Lines, circles, etc) then profiled those. Will this work?

Thanks

Comment

It will not be an accurate representation of the parts as they will have no relationship to each other. I think you should be able to construct a feature set from any features and it will give you a good result, provided your nominals are correct

Comment