Problems with PC-DMIS and Sheffield CMM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with PC-DMIS and Sheffield CMM's

I've just started using PC-DMIS and have had multiple problems with the computor locking up and some functions not working. I'm using three newer Sheffield CMM's with PC-DMIS ver. 3.7 mr2 and all of them have the same re-occuring problems.

I recently had a chance to use PC-DMIS on a B&S CMM with the same version software as our Sheffield CMM's and did'nt have any of the problems that the Sheffield CMM's have.

Has anybody heard of any problems using PC-DMIS with Sheffield CMM's?

2 things, MR2, and Windows. Not likely to be Sheffield.

Search this site for "hotfix" install it. In regards to MR3, install that too if you can.

Craig
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Rotary scans won't work.
      Move incremental won't execute in a program.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
        I've just started using PC-DMIS and have had multiple problems with the computor locking up and some functions not working. I'm using three newer Sheffield CMM's with PC-DMIS ver. 3.7 mr2 and all of them have the same re-occuring problems.

I recently had a chance to use PC-DMIS on a B&S CMM with the same version software as our Sheffield CMM's and did'nt have any of the problems that the Sheffield CMM's have.

Has anybody heard of any problems using PC-DMIS with Sheffield CMM's?
        MR3 fixes alot of the problems you are having and make sure you have the latest interfac.dll file for you cmm. That will make a huge difference.
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

OMG- They killed Kenny!

Yeah, for v3.7, you want MR3. Lots of the 'pre-final-mr' versions have lots of problems, even with B&S CMM's. I have a B&S CMM, B&S Controller, B&S software and V3.7, MR1, & MR2 were royal pains. V3.6 didn't work on ANY CMM and Each of the V3.5 had issues, each 'sub-version' had different ones.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I feel your pain. I have a Brown and Sharpe ONE with 3.7MR2 and its relatively problem free. I leave that set up out on the shop floor for heavy in-process inspections of large production jobs. If it was shutting down all the time or whatever it would obviously be a huge problem... (Knock on wood)

In my office I primarily work with a Sheffield running the same software and maybe 70% of the time it runs ok. This machine is where most of the programming happens, and the short run jobs get checked.

I have some days where we have to shutdown and restart the CMM and PC numerous times, or the software will lock up, or forget which probe tip it is using and crash the changer, skip over clear-planes... the list goes on.

From what I gather, MR3 is the way to go if you can. I'm still trying to convince my higher ups of that. I think they’re afraid it will have a devious effect on the Brown and Sharpe.

So lucky me… I get to deal with all the Sheffield’s hiccups.
            sigpic

"The Dude Abides..."

John R. Sacheli

Comment

Hi

I'm new on pcdmis, I have a global B&S with pcdmis 3.7 Mr1,
              I;m having problems with the best fit on the circles. I tried to check 2 diameters, I checked one part and, When I try to check the second one, Pcdmis show me a error and this error close the program It's happen so many times. I 'm trying to check like a Min separation, Do i have to check like Min circ?

could you help?
              B&S
              Global-image.
              3.7mr3

Comment