feature naming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feature naming

Can someone tell me the feature naming conventions for PCDmis?
    ie. "point1". Can I change it to just "b1"

You can make them ALMOST anything you want, use F5, ID Setup.

WARNING! Stay away from MATH OPERATIONS in your names, minus (-), plus (+), divide (/) or multiply (*). In fact, I would stay away from ALL special characters, keep it all numbers and letters.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      WARNING! Stay away from MATH OPERATIONS in your names, minus (-), plus (+), divide (/) or multiply (*). In fact, I would stay away from ALL special characters, keep it all numbers and letters.
      What Matt says! Do NOT use any special characters. Problem is that in most cases they cause no problems, but then suddenly you want to do something special, and you get nothing but trouble. Been there, done that...

I had all these names like PLANE_DATUM-A-. It worked great, until the day I wanted to do variable assignment and all he11 broke loose. Had to modify 12 programs to get rid of these special characters. Now all my names are like PLANEDATUMA. People tell me that the _ is OK, but right now I can only remember the days of fooling around with my programs to get rid of the other symbols. No special characters for me anymore....

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment