PC-DMIS v4.1 - Catia V4 DCT Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-DMIS v4.1 - Catia V4 DCT Accuracy

We recently updated our CMM from Spectrum to v4.1 of PC-DMIS and went with the Catia V4 DCT to input our Engineering models. Upon initial testing using simple auto vector points on various features, I found the points generated were not accurate when transferred back to Catia V4. In some cases I had differences greater then 0.005" . We have reported this issue to Wilcox and were told the problem will be solve in v4.2 of PC-DMIS. Does anyone else use the Catia V4 DCT and have experienced similar problems during their testing?

We have also found that v4.1 of PC-DMIS is not very stable and have reported may bugs to Wilcox. We continue to use Spectrum until the accuracy problem is solved. I think the more bugs that are reported, the longer we will have to wait for v4.2.

For those of you waiting for v4.2 of PC-DMIS, we were lucky to have access to v4.2 Beta. New panels, new icons, somethings changed places, just to name a few. Be prepared!

Brent

A-HOLE software developers

CORK-SUCKERS! Whose efficency do they think they are improving when THEY decided to just start randomly changing stuff around so that WE have to spend more time trying to find it? Sure as he11 isn't OURS!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      CORK-SUCKERS! Whose efficency do they think they are improving when THEY decided to just start randomly changing stuff around so that WE have to spend more time trying to find it? Sure as he11 isn't OURS!
      Tell us how you really feel Matt. Don't be afraid to let it all out...
      sigpic
      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
      PCDMIS 2012
      Windows Office XP

Comment

Well, these mother-flockers turn-over programmers and some new som-ditch comes in, changes the 'look' and set-up around to something he worked on before at some other place, and gives it a layout that he is familiar with, then goes and shows his boss, "Hey look, this is how long it takes me to navigate in the old setup, but look how much quicker I can do it with THIS setup" and the ******** says, "Great! Make it so number 2." (I think most of them ARE number 2, if you get my drift). But, if I remember correctly, they don't let the RATS make the mazes or place the chese in the maze.

FIX THE BUGS, LEAVE THE LOOK ALONE. QUIT MOVING STUFF FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I agree w/ya 100% ! ! !
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

Does anyone else use the Catia V4 DCT and have experienced similar problems during their testing?

For those of you waiting for v4.2 of PC-DMIS, we were lucky to have access to v4.2 Beta. New panels, new icons, somethings changed places, just to name a few. Be prepared!

Brent[/QUOTE]

Whose efficency do they think they are improving when THEY decided to just start randomly changing stuff around so that WE have to spend more time trying to find it? Sure as he11 isn't OURS![/QUOTE]

We use the catia 4 & 5 But I did not switch to the 4.1version because of all the forum gurus stating to stay away from it!!!
            I agree with Matt Why do they change the location of the icons and what they look like. Its hard enough for an old man like me to find all this stuff. I have old timers disease
            sigpicRegards,
            Donald Henger
            B&S Micro Excel Pfx
            3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
            PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
            Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
              I agree w/ya 100% ! ! !
              Of course, you do, most sane people do, but then again, that makes it kind of strange that YOU do!
              sigpic

Comment

From what I understand, the accuracy problem is not specific to v4.1 of PC-DMIS and may occur in previous versions. Has anyone performed a translator accuracy test with a pre v4.1 version of PC-DMIS and the Catia V4 DCT?

Comment