PH9A Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH9A Probe

Hello............... Does anyone know where can I find a PH9A probe? It just died on me and B/S no longer sells or services them.

Ebay has them in auction sometimes....
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Ph9

I don't know if Renishaw still offers the repair by exchange. Maybe one of the Renishaw dealers/vendors might be able to help you out.
      I know I was offered a pretty good trade in for my PH9 just last year from a calibration/repair service. Didn't get the company talked into doing this....If it ain't broke don't fix it attitude.
      sigpic:eek: Bring out the comfy chair!:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
        Ebay has them in auction sometimes....
        Yep! I see them on Ebay all the time...
        sigpic
        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
        PCDMIS 2012
        Windows Office XP

Comment

If I am not mistaken the 9s are out, it's all 10s these days.
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

PH9 and PH9A have been dead at Renishaw since the last century / millenium. They tried (and started) phasing them out in the mid 1990's, but just couldn't stop them, they kept pushing back and pushing back the 'drop-dead-date' on NO MORE 9's, and then finally killed them in 2000 (or 2001). So, good luck finding one. I am sure they are out there, but I doubt you will find a 'good' one, especially on ebay, those will be the 'forgotten' ones that employees have found in filing cabinets or desk drawers that ahve been there for years.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

To add to all this. Renishaw stopped repairing them a year ago. Just so you all know, there is really no difference between the 9 and 10 (in how they are built). If you are in need of a PH9 or 9A RBE, let me know. There are at least 2 companies I know of that RBE the PH9's and the PHC9 controllers, with a warranty. Its not rocket science, although you need to know what you are doing. The parts inside get replaced with PH10 parts and work fine....that proves that there is really no difference. I can't beleive Renishaw has pulled this crap, but I say revolt and keep your $12K and get your PH9 rebuilt !!!
              Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
                To add to all this. Renishaw stopped repairing them a year ago. Just so you all know, there is really no difference between the 9 and 10 (in how they are built). If you are in need of a PH9 or 9A RBE, let me know. There are at least 2 companies I know of that RBE the PH9's and the PHC9 controllers, with a warranty. Its not rocket science, although you need to know what you are doing. The parts inside get replaced with PH10 parts and work fine....that proves that there is really no difference. I can't beleive Renishaw has pulled this crap, but I say revolt and keep your $12K and get your PH9 rebuilt !!!
                Great info, pal!

TK
                sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

hate to sound like sales try xspect cmm
                  sigpic
                  3.7 MR4

Comment

Call Kern Smith @ 248-650-9933 Triology He had a ph9a head 2 Weeks ago. I know I thought my head was going bad, but it was just the cord.
                    sigpic

Was
                    Pc-dmis 3.5 MR1 B & S 2009 MR1

Now
                    2010 MR3

Comment

Here you go...

http://www.xspectsolutions.com/used-renishaw.aspx

Comment

Inspec may have one
                        www.inspec-inc.com
                        734 451 8740
                        DR Watson shut me down again !!!! :mad: Smoke break:eek:

Comment