Feature Names Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Names Question

I was going thru my preference/setup the other day, for the first time (to much time on my hands that day), and I have either unchecked or checked something on or off that has stopped my Feature Names from showing when I complete a measurement. In other words, when if I measure a plane at the beginning of a program, instead of PLN1 coming up, all I get is 1. If I measure a circle next, instead of CIR1, it will show 2. And so on. I am currently running Version 4.1 If someone has the original settings that they could pass on so I can reset them (Lesson learned - write them down before making changes), it would be greatly appreciated. I was in Parameter Settings too, but I don't think that the problem is there.

Thanks,

Rodney Edmonds

Go back to an old program, go to the label set up, then save it as the DEFAULT, then the new programs should look like the old ones.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Problem Fixed

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      Go back to an old program, go to the label set up, then save it as the DEFAULT, then the new programs should look like the old ones.

Thanks for the quick response. That appears to have fixed the problem for now. I would still like to know what I did or didn't do to create this problem so I will not accidently do it again?

Comment

You must have changed the feature ID and clicked on DEFAULT, possibly thinking that it would restore the defaults you ahd before, but it actually over-writes the existing defaults to what you have currently showing.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Edmonds View Post
          Thanks for the quick response. That appears to have fixed the problem for now. I would still like to know what I did or didn't do to create this problem so I will not accidently do it again?
          What you did was selecting LABELING METHOD to GENERIC. (all type of features).
          And most likely you entered 1 into STARTING.

That's why no matter what feature you created was 1,2,3, and so on.

Is it Friday yet?
          sigpicIt's corona time!
          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

I think maybe Roberto has "been there, done that" ?

TK
            sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment