Parameter change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parameter change

WE have just installed 4.1 and I have tried to set retract distance and prehit distances in parameters. Right now they are set to .100. I would like to set them both to .050. I have changed the values to .050 selected apply and ok.closed the diologe box. I went back in to check and see if the changes were made and they both were set back to .100. Can anyone have an idea what might fix this problem.

Thanks

Isn't there a "Default" button?
    That should change it for each new program you create.
    NOTE, I SAID SHOULD! This could be an 'ENHANCEMENT' in 4.1
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rringer123 View Post
      WE have just installed 4.1 and I have tried to set retract distance and prehit distances in parameters. Right now they are set to .100. I would like to set them both to .050. I have changed the values to .050 selected apply and ok.closed the diologe box. I went back in to check and see if the changes were made and they both were set back to .100. Can anyone have an idea what might fix this problem.

Thanks
      Instead of using the parameter window, just type in: PREHIT, press enter and set to 0.050.
      Samething with RETRACT.

Hope it helps.
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
        Instead of using the parameter window, just type in: PREHIT, press enter and set to 0.050.
        Samething with RETRACT.

Hope it helps.
        Well, you have to hit ENTER first to make a blank line, then type that in, but other than that........
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          Well, you have to hit ENTER first to make a blank line, then type that in, but other than that........
          Thanks for clarifying Matt.
          sigpicIt's corona time!
          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

I wonder

I saw a similar thing happening to a local user the otehr day, and I wonder if the same is confusing you.

If you create a new program and the values are set to 0.1, then these are the current defaults. So now you open up the dialog and change them to 0.5, and close it.

If you place the cursor above the point where you just changed them, and re-open the dialog, it will show the old defaults, not the new values. If you place the cursor below the point where they were changed, the new values will appear in effect.

Comment