ISO GD&T Question concerning two adjacent planes on a primary datum non-cylinder.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO GD&T Question concerning two adjacent planes on a primary datum non-cylinder.

I am looking at a drawing I clearly don't understand. I have a part that does mount on two surfaces although the surfaces are perpendicular to one another. Datum A on my drawing is parallel to the to the X-Axis. Datum D is a plane perpendicular to the X-Axis. I then have 3 cylindrical holes and one slotted hole in line on the Z Axis running through the Datum A plane. One cylindrical hole is Datum B and the slot below it is Datum C. When I come to the feature control frames for the holes / slots it goes like this. True Position | Ø.2 | A – D | B | C |
    Planes A-D would make an line axis in the z direction? With datum B hole tie down the x direction rotation? With Datum C being the “Z” direction zero? I know that’s not right because all the drawing dimensions are coming the Datum B.

I cannot wrap my head around the reason the engineer did not believe it would flush up against datum A and then rotate to datum D and align to datum B.

Can you post the print? Or at least a copy where you've blacked out all non-essential stuff to your question...so we can see your callout without having you violate confidentiality requirements?

Comment

As I understand, I think A-D is a line constructed from a perfect angle between A and D (the defects should be equally distributed between both datums) and it defines Z axis.
      This line should also be the vector of a plane.
      The holes and the slot axes must be parallel to this plane (or perp to the line).
      B hole should define theX direction projected on the plane (it's a secondary datum) and the Y and Z origin.
      C define the a 0° angle from Z axis (you could have a non zero angle and have to check the alignment of holes)

Hope it's clear, it's just a way of creating the tolerance zone without draw...

Comment

Here is what it looks like.
        Attached Files

Comment

Can you insert a larger picture ?
          Like this, I think your text is clearer tan the picture !!!!!

Comment

Capture.JPG

(In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
            They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

We can't see the picture T Schmidt

Remove the small pic and re-upload it doing it like this please

Capture.PNG

Comment

ezgif.com-resize1.gif

Wonder if he/she is ever gonna put a bigger print?
                Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 02-14-2018, 12:57 PM.
                (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
                They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Working...
                X