Need more help than manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more help than manual

Hi, my company just purchased 2 brown and sharp CMM's and setup's running pc-dmis 4.1 and an additional setup for our existing giddins and lewis CMM and we can't find a more user friendly manual.
    We have a guy that does all the programming but it seems like the manual isn't very helpful for someone without programming knowledge. Is there a bible of sorts for this program?

PC-DMIS training should have been included in the cost of the two B & S machines (if they were purchased through Hexagon). Find out if you have training credits, and if not, have your supervisor get in touch with Hexagon to purchase some. The classes are invaluable for someone with no prior PCD experience.

Comment

If you are computer literate with some knowledge of GD&T, PCDMIS is pretty user friend as is. I would try the help file within PCDMIS. You can do searches, and it gives you examples. Don't forget to try the TUTOR if you're new.

The Basic PCDMIS training course is a waste of money if you don't have credits.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard! And you have found the best help line available. If you have an issue that you can not find explained clearly in the help files, first search this site for an answer. Usually, you will find the answer right there. Otherwise, just post the question and answers will follow.

Jan.
        PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
        Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

If your not familiar with the software get the training. It will help with the basics....and start drinking heavely NOW.
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

I came from an old manual Brown and Sharp to PC DMIS and don't know where to start. Our company has credits for training but doesn't have the time to send anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jaukerman View Post
              I came from an old manual Brown and Sharp to PC DMIS and don't know where to start. Our company has credits for training but doesn't have the time to send anyone.
              Don't mean to offend but, as you sit, all you have is time, this is not "word perfect" that allows any monkey to operate it. Consider this an extension of a CAD software. Whoever uses the CAD software at you're company didn't learn it through osmosis did they? Well, same for PC-DMIS.

But, welcome aboard, and ask many questions, the forum community is here to help you as best that they can. Please look through the "search function when posting a question because more than likely someone has already asked the question before. Also, please post in your profile any pertinent information regarding you controller, software version, and any other detritis that applies.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

You will spend a lot more time by not going to training.....
                Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

I have mixed feelings on the basic class, i just went to it maybe 2-3 months ago. I did find it to be helpful if you have no prior experience (if you are not afraid to try and crash a couple times). I had a little hands on before i went and that helped me.
                  sigpic Great stuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                    Don't mean to offend but, as you sit, all you have is time, this is not "word perfect" that allows any monkey to operate it. Consider this an extension of a CAD software. Whoever uses the CAD software at you're company didn't learn it through osmosis did they? Well, same for PC-DMIS.

But, welcome aboard, and ask many questions, the forum community is here to help you as best that they can. Please look through the "search function when posting a question because more than likely someone has already asked the question before. Also, please post in your profile any pertinent information regarding you controller, software version, and any other detritis that applies.
                    Well stated James
                    sigpic

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, B&S recommends at least 40 hours of play time before you go to the class. This will give you time to get familiar with the software and come up with some questions.
                      I have been using this sight for a few months now and with the help of these fine people (even the crazy ones) I have had alot of my problems solved.

Welcome aboard.......
                      sigpic

Comment

If your company does't have time per se to send folks to training, personally
                        I'd see about trading credits for onsite training.

MJB
                        "listening for the last trump... looking toward the eastern sky"

Comment